21 Seconds to Change Your World: Finding…

21 Seconds to Change Your World: Finding God's Healing and Abundance…

by Dr. Mark Rutland

721,138,814 (4.5)None

This book talks about how the Lord’s prayer is a model of prayer (pattern of prayer) and a model prayer. The author “marries” the Lord’s prayer with Psalm 23 in prayer together.

Dr. Rutland encourages the reader to stop reading and actually pray.

He breaks down each phase from both passages of scripture and puts each phrase into one chapter, sometimes coordinating phrases from both the Lord’s prayer and Psalm 23. In each chapter, as he looks at each phrase, he discusses its’ meaning and gives historical and/or real life examples and stories that tie in with that chapter’s phrase. Basically this is helping the reader see the reason why you would want to pray these prayers.

Also included are sample prayers for each phrase/chapter.

Chapter 10 was one of my favorite chapters and it goes into the topic of forgiveness looking at the phrase, Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.

Dr. Rutland rewords this into a prayer, “Lord, forgive me of my sins only to the extent to which I forgive those who have sinned against me.” Then he adds in the text, “All inner healing begins right there.” I agree. Having experience as a prayer minister for three healing rooms, I’ve seen the power and importance of forgiveness over and over.

The book then goes on to give you suggestions on how to pray these two passages of scripture in a broad way. One way is to saturate yourself in it (or them) by praying it over and over several times daily for an extended period of time. A second way is to do meditational prayer, taking each word or phrase, one at a time and meditating on it. The third way is to pray congregationally, that is in church as a group out loud in unison. I would add that you could bring this practice to any small group such as a cell group, Bible study or prayer group.

Dr. Rutland calls these two passages of scripture (the Lord’s prayer and Psalm 23) “therapeutic” and has given praying these as assignments in couselling situations. If your prayer life could use a boost, if you need something new to pray, if you are in need of inner healing or simply love to pray or want to learn to pray more then this book is for you.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers as part of their blogging for books program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  cherylcope | May 2, 2016 |
21 Seconds To Change Your World : Finding God's Healing and Abundance Through Prayer by Mark Rutland is a powerful book showing a new way to look at The Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalm. The author shows how using the two of these daily can restore your soul.

Examining both and who they came from as well, Jesus and David and how they relate to each other. He goes in to an in depth study of both, I enjoyed reading this book and can't wait to give it a try in my own life. For I know that prayers are answered, miracles can and still do happen. What better way to pray then how Jesus taught us?

I highly recommend this book
I received an ARC (advanced readers copy) from Bethany House in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  kykim | Jan 23, 2016 |

A Powerful Call to Restore Your Soul Through Prayer

When an excruciating bout of depression led Dr. Mark Rutland to more deeply explore prayer, he came to understand its miraculous power for soul restoration. Prayer is a declaration of our Father's compassion
toward us, a confession of our own inadequacy, and a reminder that he meets our daily needs.

As it turns out, these are the elements of prayer Jesus taught his disciples. Praying and meditating on the Lord's Prayer changed Dr. Rutland's life, and since then he has used it to restore others' souls as well.

Filled with moving stories and powerful insights, this book will help you discover the truth about God's love and power, and this truth will bless and heal you. In the end, it's not just about saying the Lord's Prayer--it's about getting to know the Lord of the prayer.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:50:50 -0500)

Rutland believes that prayer is a declaration of our Father's compassion toward us, a confession of our own inadequacy, and a reminder that he meets our daily needs-- and these are the elements of prayer Jesus taught his disciples. By discovering the truth about God's love and power, you will find blessings and healing. It's not just about saying the Lord's Prayer-- it's about getting to know the Lord of the prayer.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,599,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible