Under the Harrow: A Novel by Flynn Berry

Under the Harrow: A Novel (original 2016; edition 2016)

by Flynn Berry (Author)

"When Nora takes the train from London to visit her sister in the countryside, she expects to find her waiting at the station, or at home cooking dinner. But when she walks into Rachel's familiar house, what she finds is entirely different: her sister has been the victim of a brutal murder. Stunned and adrift, Nora finds she can't return to her former life. An unsolved assault in the past has shaken her faith in the police, and she can't trust them to find her sister's killer. Haunted by the murder and the secrets that surround it, Nora is under the harrow: distressed and in danger. As Nora's fear turns to obsession, she becomes as unrecognizable as the sister her investigation uncovers"--… (more)
Member:mdbenderjr
Title:Under the Harrow: A Novel
Authors:Flynn Berry (Author)
Info:Penguin Books (2016), Edition: 1st Printing, 240 pages

Under the Harrow by Flynn Berry (2016)

So I read the reviews on Audible about this book and so many said this book was boring, but I decided to give it a shot. Well I found it anything but boring, I thought it was fantastic, unstoppable, I had to find out what happened next. When Lilly finds her sister Rachel murdered she delves into their psychological relationship and the damages of past sexual assaults. I think the story moved quickly and kept my attention the entire time, ( )
  debbiedd24 | Jul 21, 2021 |
  debbiedd24 | Jul 21, 2021 |
The atmosphere and voice of this book are amazing. I wish I had been able to sit and read it all in one sitting. I really enjoyed being inside of it and the plot is also strong. I definitely recommend it. ( )
  MarkMad | Jul 14, 2021 |
Short, and was not much interesting. Climax could have been started earlier better. There is no mention of main suspect of the murder after it is solved. ( )
  xumit | Apr 14, 2021 |
Under the Harrow is the story of Nora and her sister, Rachel. They have a complicated relationship, and when Nora finds Rachel dead when she goes to visit her, it unleashed a fury in Nora. She tries to find who killed Rachel and why. She thinks it may have to do with Rachel being attacked years earlier when they were teenagers.
This story jumps around, and brings in a lot of characters. Neither Nora nor Rachel are very likable. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 30, 2021 |
Come, what do we gain by evasions? We are under the harrow and can't escape. - C.S. Lewis , A Grief Observed.
To J.A.B.
A woman is missing in the East Riding.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,276,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible