Shadows at Sunset ~ Sunset Trilogy ~ Book 1

Shadows at Sunset ~ Sunset Trilogy ~ Book 1

222,551,640 (5)None
Recently added bySJFrancis

No tags.

I love animals so this was a natural read for me. Of course, not all authors know how to weave a story that keeps me reading. This one does. I don’t normally read young adult books either but I found myself drawn into this one right from the outset. The opening scene with the deer had me in my own backyard where many deer come to play. For a moment, I was Laken. Ever since I watched Doctor Doolittle as a child, I always wanted the gift to talk to animals. This author did a wonderful job of drawing the reader in and taking them on a spectacular journey through the northeast country side. I’ve been to New Hampshire many times and in this book, I felt as if I was visiting again without the discomfort of travel and airfare fees. The prose is beautiful with a believable story. What else can one say about this book? I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to the rest of the books in this series. The great thing about Shadows at Sunset is that you don’t have to be a young adult to enjoy. Being young at heart will suffice.
This book has a little of everything in it. There’s mystery. There’s suspense. There’s even romance. All accompanied by vivid imagery.
Overall, a well written tale by a new author. I have no hesitation in recommending it. ( )
  SJFrancis | Jan 19, 2016 |
  SJFrancis | Jan 19, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,532,222 books! | Top bar: Always visible