The Curse of the Rose (The Rose Chronicles…

The Curse of the Rose (The Rose Chronicles #1)

by Julieanne Lynch

621,268,033 (4)None

Book – The Curse of the Rose (Rose Saga #1)
Author – Julieanne Lynch
Star rating - ★★★★★
Would I read it again – Yes
Plot – original, fun, great concept
Characters – fun, scarred, powerful
Movie Potential - ★★★★★ (may have to be R rated ;))
Ease of reading – easy to read

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

This was a great book. I read it in one sitting and couldn't put it down. The plot is original, hot and playful. The characters are relatable in their own ways, slightly damaged and interesting enough to never quite know what's going to happen next. Or what they're about to do.

I think it would have been nice if the book was longer, only because when I got to the end, I really didn't want it to be over. I would love to see a few books maybe twice this size with this story, because there's enough meat there to really keep it interesting. But on the other hand, I see how great this shorter length can be. Easy to pick up and enjoy in an afternoon when you need something hot and spicy to read.

I really liked Bianka and Batar; they were some of the most fun characters I've read in this genre for a while. They are so likeable and have a great rapport. Their connection is something special. I also really like the clever and strategic use of flashbacks. Sometimes in a book they're thrown in anywhere and you get a big confused, but each time I stepped into one in this book, I knew why and I knew where I was and that I was about to find out something important.

And although I don't want to spoil the story for anyone, I have to admit the ending was a very nice twist. I didn't quite see it going the way it did and that was great. Overall, a nice hot read for a cold winter's day and some great characters and plot to keep your mind ticking with possibilities even once the last page is turned. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series. ( )
  ElleLainey | Dec 30, 2017 |
Book – The Curse of the Rose (Rose Saga #1)
Author – Julieanne Lynch
Star rating – ★★★★★
Would I read it again – Yes
Plot – original, fun, great concept
Characters – fun, scarred, powerful
Movie Potential – ★★★★★ (may have to be R rated ;))
Ease of reading – easy to read

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

This was a great book. I read it in one sitting and couldn’t put it down. The plot is original, hot and playful. The characters are relatable in their own ways, slightly damaged and interesting enough to never quite know what’s going to happen next. Or what they’re about to do.

I think it would have been nice if the book was longer, only because when I got to the end, I really didn’t want it to be over. I would love to see a few books maybe twice this size with this story, because there’s enough meat there to really keep it interesting. But on the other hand, I see how great this shorter length can be. Easy to pick up and enjoy in an afternoon when you need something hot and spicy to read.

I really liked Bianka and Batar; they were some of the most fun characters I’ve read in this genre for a while. They are so likeable and have a great rapport. Their connection is something special. I also really like the clever and strategic use of flashbacks. Sometimes in a book they’re thrown in anywhere and you get a big confused, but each time I stepped into one in this book, I knew why and I knew where I was and that I was about to find out something important.

And although I don’t want to spoil the story for anyone, I have to admit the ending was a very nice twist. I didn’t quite see it going the way it did and that was great. Overall, a nice hot read for a cold winter’s day and some great characters and plot to keep your mind ticking with possibilities even once the last page is turned. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the series. ( )
  ElleLainey | Dec 23, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,592,568 books! | Top bar: Always visible