Tom Stoppard Plays: 1 by Tom Stoppard

Tom Stoppard Plays: 1

by Tom Stoppard

A collection of short plays by a comedic genius. Stoppard messes with our mind by playing with our language, using words in ways they were never intended to be used, and placing characters in situations they were never intended to be in. Bizarre plot twists, plots in one play that run over into other plays and back again, plays that turn our expectations on their heads - this is absurdist theatre at its best. Some of these plays would no doubt be difficult to stage, because the non-sequitors would make it difficult for actors to learn their lines, but in the end, it would be very rewarding. ( )
  Devil_llama | Jul 19, 2013 |
does anybody know how i can read this book?
  mewize | Nov 13, 2011 |
I picked this up a little while ago in anticipation of my participation in The Real Inspector Hound in September. I was a bit disappointed with it, to tell you the truth, but the other plays in the collection were considerably better. This almost made up for it. The other plays included After Magritte, Dirty Linen, New-Found-Land, Dogg's Hamlet, and Cahoot's Macbeth. I particularly enjoyed Dirty Linen. ( )
  cinesnail88 | Dec 24, 2007 |

Culled from nearly 20 years of the playwright's career, a showcase for Tom Stoppard's dazzling range and virtuosic talent, The Real Inspector Hound and Other Plays is essential reading for fans of modern drama. The plays in this collection reveal Stoppard's sense of fun, his sense of theater, his sense of the absurd, and his gifts for parody and satire. They include The Real Inspector Hound, After Margritte, Dirty Linen, New-Found-Land, Dogg's Hamlet, and Cahoot's Macbeth.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 21 Jan 2016 02:19:49 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,541,177 books! | Top bar: Always visible