Dead Girl Running (Book One of The New…

Dead Girl Running (Book One of The New Order)

by Ann M. Noser

412,354,638 (3)None

3.5 Stars

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

It had been a while (perhaps a couple of months) since I last read a typical YA Dystopian novel like this one. And since it's one of my favourite genres, I was really looking forward to it.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read that I would recommend to fans of the genre. If you enjoyed The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Maze Runner and the likes and if you don't feel overfed by this particular subtype of book, I really think you'll like it. I certainly did.

I was interested to see what would happen with Silvia being a trainee in the mortuary, but I felt like that angle could have been used a bit more to give the story an original twist. Instead there's the generic something that everyone wants (but which might not be so super-awesome as everyone seems to think) which in Dead Girl Running is a race. For reasons that don't seem too clear to me people who win the race are fit for important jobs.

There was an unneeded romantic subplot (at least it wasn't a love triangle), but Silvia was an interesting though quite naive main character. Exactly what the evil government is doing and why remain to be elucidated but I suppose this we will find out in the next book of the series, which I hope will arrive soon!

Dead Girl Running is the first book of The New Order.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an review during this blog tour, thanks! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,777,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible