Zombies in Love by Nora Fleischer

by Nora Fleischer

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byaudiobibliophile

No tags.

My original Zombies in Love audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

The story in this is actually kind of funny. It’s not in the comedy genre but for some reason it kept hitting my funny bone! I was really impressed, especially since I went into this with such a low expectation.

I really liked both of the main characters. Jack and Lisa both have some issues to deal with but they are much like everyone else trying to make ends meet. Jack has a few more issues than Lisa though, one of which is discovered nearly straight away. He’s a zombie. He also eats flesh. He does still hold onto a job and walk around talking to other people, so give a guy a break, right?!

Lisa now owns her parents’ pizza shop and is struggling to keep their memory alive. She wants everything to be just how they left it, which was not with zombies eating humans in the back store room! The way she discovers Jack is great. I hope I have what it takes to do what she does. What’s weird is that these zombies can heal so although Lisa is a bad ass, Jack heals pretty quickly from his wound. Otherwise, we would have no story.

The thing I did not like about this, and sadly it is prominent, is the school. Every scene with the school had me wanting to fast forward through the book. I don’t know why but these parts, and there are many, seemed to slow the story down. They explain some of the zombie virus (sort of) but other than that, the professor and his entire attitude really threw me off. I still don’t understand that character or why so much of the story surrounds him.

Fortunately, I was more into the love birds than I was worried about the school. It is in quite a bit of the book and I kept having to drag myself back into the story, but it was worth it. I loved how this ended!

The audio by Martin Wurst was very well done although I noticed a few times where a voice of one character would extend to another character. This happens with even the best of narrators so it did not mess with the story but possibly could have been cleaned up a bit. The narration was spot on and all the voices were great. The audio sounded crisp and other than those few points with the voices, I did not notice anything that would mess the story up or bring a listener out of the audio.

In short: Really cute story! I was pleasantly surprised. It still is not my favorite zombie story, there are many greats out there, but it was better than I imagined.

Audiobook was provided for review by the author. ( )
  audiobibliophile | Jan 20, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,916,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible