Audrey's Promise by Susan Sheehey

Audrey's Promise

by Susan Sheehey

223,661,828 (4)None
Recently added byRose.Wallin

I thoroughly enjoyed the plot in this book. While somewhat predictable, there were plenty of surprises, twists and turns to keep you guessing. Like any great contemporary romance chick-lit story, it was full of love, emotion, pain, angst, and just a dash of drama. Every situation that came up, makes you hope the story will get better soon, and keeps you needing to know what happens next.

It did remind me somewhat of the film “27 Dresses,” especially when comparing Ethan's character to the main male lead in that story. The hard-nosed investigative journalist, determined to get the story, no matter what. Following a politician who, up until he came along, had a clean reputation and no scandals to keep her from achieving her goals. Said politician, easily negotiating and bringing peace to chaotic situations, has to deal with the tornado of emotions the journalist causes in her life, and her heart. Together, these two make a match as unlikely, as it is perfect.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. Since it is an adult contemporary romance, there was one area of somewhat graphic content, although still clean enough to allow me to keep reading. One thing I loved most about this book, were the alternating view-points. They weren't completely structured, but flowed with the story perfectly. When the focus needed to shift from Audrey to Ethan in the story, the view-point changed, and kept the events unfolding naturally. The alternating view-point can sometimes be tricky to write, but in this case, was done brilliantly. Thankfully, this book is very well written, and one of the best contemporary romance novels I've read in a while. I would recommend this book to any fan of contemporary romance or chick-lit.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review.
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |

Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,797,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible