Breed of Envy by Lanie Jordan

Breed of Envy

by Lanie Jordan

631,796,225 (4.5)None

Picking up right where Breed of Innocence left off, this book is simply fantastic. Very skillfully mixing action, humor, teenage drama, romance, and homework, the author does a marvelous job of adding new layers of depth to an already profound story. Keeping with the creatively riveting scenario presented in the first book, this sequel expands on the personal challenges of several characters, while adding exciting new adventures. If the first book didn't have you on the edge of your seat, this book certainly will!

The characters in this story are all completely addictive, and even more so in this book than in the first. We get to see farther into their personal lives and struggles, as they try to balance high school, and demon-hunting. We also get to see the relationship between Jade and Link grow and adapt, which is truly wonderful, and adds a bit of normalcy to the chaotic world they live in. The community feel of this high school was intriguing to read about, and the friendship between Jade, Link and Tasha reminds me very much of the friendship between the three main characters in the Harry Potter series. Not that it seems copied, they simply have that easy and deep friendship that you know can weather even the toughest storms, which is always a wonderful thing to read about.

This book is just as beautifully written as the first. When done well, I personally love books written in first-person POV, and I must say, the author did a wonderful job with the writing of this book. One thing I did notice though, was how there seemed to be more profanity used than in the first book of The Breed Chronicles. However, the profane words uses were all very mild, and while they were used more frequently, it was done tastefully, and added a very fitting kind of humor to the writing. That humor, mixed with tons of jokes and mystery, made for a wonderful read.

Overall, there isn't anything I disliked about this book. I loved the writing, the plot, the continuation of Jade's story, the humor, adventure, and personal growth each character went through. Jade is a fantastic lead female character, and I couldn't love Linc any more if I tried. This is a fantastic book, and a series that I can't wait to continue reading. Highly recommended, to any YA or paranormal fan.

*I was given an ecopy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |

Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |

Rose.Wallin | Aug 29, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,786,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible