Aether by hoars

Aether

by hoars

222,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byAddictedReader28, MrsKnightley

This is an interesting take on soul mates, though I had a hard time wrapping my mind around the Scott/Lydia pairing and the Jackson/Allison pairing.

Written by hoars, this fic is now listed as written by Anonymous on AO3. ( )
  AddictedReader28 | Oct 16, 2017 |
2.5 stars

AU where the way to find your mate (pre-destined other half of your soul), is to look in the their eye and see if they have a matching "aether" to yours. Obviously in this one Stiles' aether matches Derek's aether and they are instantly companionable.

It is really not that long of a read, but personally I found it incredibly boring after a awhile. However, I am not really a fan of the whole "soul mate" fics. I like the fics where the protagonists have free will and choose each other - the "fated" theme is a bit anti-climatic for me and without angst I find.

There are also really weird pairings: Scott/ Lydia, Chris/ Laura, Isaac/ Danny, Jackson/ Allison. These seem like they should add interest, but they aren't really explored all that much. I found Jackson the most interesting character in this fic.

For me, there was not enough Sterek - too much intermittent focus on others as soul mates and werewolves - and then when there was Sterek it was boring and I felt no chemistry between them. Little action, little chemistry, few emotions and for me a fic has to be at least heavy on one of those things.

It is fairly well writtem, but just not my thing.
  MrsKnightley | Oct 16, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,936,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible