Amor Fati by alocalband

Amor Fati

by alocalband

213,662,626 (4.5)None
Recently added byAddictedReader28, MrsKnightley

Another just beautiful Sterek, where I nearly highlighted the whole thing there are just so many profound lines.

Derek and Stiles develop a pattern (much as in the first two seasons of the show) where they are repeatedly stuck together during the "Monster of the Week" battle. The first few times they are "stranded" together nothing much happens, just some witty banter. Then Stiles begins to think, "Why is it always them?" - it is like fate just keeps throwing them together ... and maybe fate will continue to do so until they "get it right."

This is a slow build Sterek and I loved every minute of it. It very much has a "Groundhog Day" feel to it, in that they are destined to continue to repeat finding themselves in the same circumstances over and over again until they figure out what they are supposed to be gaining from/ realizing in these situations.

A kind of existential look questioning if love is destined and how the universe won't give up on you until it is. I love Groundhog Day and I love this fic.

"Because he can't help but wonder if choices made out of desperation are really choices at all. And he also can't help but wonder if this current desperation is really about wanting to not keep ending up in these situations with Derek, or if it's about wanting to not keep ending up alone once they're over."

"'I have come to the entirely reasonable conclusion that fate probably has better things to do than mess with us.' 'But super villains don't.'"

MrsKnightley | Oct 16, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,837,436 books! | Top bar: Always visible