The Danger in Daring a Lady (The Naughty…

The Danger in Daring a Lady (The Naughty Girls Book 6)

by Emma Locke

It's taken me a long time to finish this book and to be honest, I skipped over the last part. Cait has a farm, but no help to run it when she wins a purse from a passing Lord. Darius, or Dare, needs his money back to prove his brothers wrong about his character so he goes to work for Cait.
Unfortunately, his brothers were exactly right about Dare. He is unrepentant and tries too hard to be bad. He's mostly just rude and unlikeable. Cait isn't much better. Others may like this better, but it wasn't for me. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Oct 31, 2016 |
I received a free copy from NetGalley for an honest review. Dare has gone through life as a rake, scoundrel, and gambler. He believes that his family despises him for his gambling addiction and that he will always be literally in the gutter. Until, he meets Cate who struggles to make ends me and shows him that she she's always fighting to survive. Will these two opposites find love and a better life? I enjoyed this story as it showed how a determined woman can make a life for herself with no one to aid her. My only critique was that Dare's conflict resolution seemed a bit too simple and too quick for him to change, especially if he was addicted to gambling.; other than that, Emma Locke's stories are entertaining and unique. ( )
  FReads | May 28, 2016 |
Caitlin “Cate” Hart and Lord Darius “Dare” Alexander meet in a small village tavern over a game of cards. When Dare loses all he has to Cate he eventually offers to work on her farm to recover what he has lost to her. It is the first time Dare has really worked and with time he begins to feel a bit better about himself.

Cat owns her farm, is a “spinster” at age 28, has trouble with the lord on the neighboring property and is lonely but I still don’t see what she sees in Dare. Perhaps his position, handsome face and physique draw her interest but the more she learns about Dare the further she should have run from him. He warned her but she did not listen. I don’t really understand why she left her farm to go to London, thought he was such a catch or any of the rest of it OR how he could make the changes he did just because of Cate and her belief in him…I also wondered if the changes would last after the end of the story. I admit I skimmed from about midway to finish since the story did not truly hold my attention and I could not really relate to the main characters. That said…there are many who did enjoy the read as I have seen in other posted reviews.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Intrepid Reads for the copy of this ARC to read and review. ( )
  CathyGeha | Mar 6, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,554,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible