Truly, Madly, Guilty - Signed/Autographed…

Truly, Madly, Guilty - Signed/Autographed Copy (edition 2016)

by Liane Moriarty (Author)

"The new novel from Liane Moriarty, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Husband's Secret, Big Little Lies, and What Alice Forgot, about how sometimes we don't appreciate how extraordinary our ordinary lives are until it's too late. "What a wonderful writer--smart, wise, funny." --Anne Lamott Six responsible adults. Three cute kids. One small dog. It's just a normal weekend. What could possibly go wrong? In Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty turns her unique, razor-sharp eye towards three seemingly happy families. Sam and Clementine have a wonderful, albeit, busy life: they have two little girls, Sam has just started a new dream job and Clementine, a cellist, is busy preparing for the audition of a lifetime. If there's anything they can count on, it's each other. Clementine and Erika are each other's oldest friends. A single look between them can convey an entire conversation. But theirs is a complicated relationship, so when Erika mentions a last minute invitation to a barbecue with her neighbors, Tiffany and Vid, Clementine and Sam don't hesitate. Having Tiffany and Vid's larger than life personalities there will be a welcome respite. Two months later, it won't stop raining, and Clementine and Sam can't stop asking themselves the question: What if we hadn't gone? In Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty takes on the foundations our lives: marriage, sex, parenthood, and friendship. She shows how guilt can expose the fault lines in the most seemingly strong relationships, how what we don't say can be more powerful than what we do, and how sometimes it is the most innocent of moments that can do the greatest harm"--… (more)
Member:KathyPedigo
Title:Truly, Madly, Guilty - Signed/Autographed Copy
Authors:Liane Moriarty (Author)
Info:MacMillan (2016)

Work Information

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

Recently added bygholbut, LindseyKD, tammyhennig, Val221, Arina8888, btween_stories, Majende, private library, ecb06c
    Commonwealth by Ann Patchett (LAKobow)
    LAKobow: Several families and the way their actions are intertwined.
    The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas (LAKobow)
    LAKobow: Another story of the rippling impacts of a child-related incident at an Australian barbecue.

English (148)  German (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (151)
I loved Big Little Lies, and I was looking forward to reading more of her books. But I couldn't even finish this one. In this book, they keep referring to a barbecue and you have to keep reading to find out what they're talking about. That device worked in Big Little Lies, but in this book it was just annoying. I think the difference was that in Big Little Lies, I really liked the characters. I found the characters in this book to be somewhat unlikable. When you have a plot that drags and add unlikable characters, it just makes it an unpleasant reading experience. ( )
  marymatus | Jan 12, 2022 |
I had very high hopes for this one as I just love Liane's books! However the "big reveal" was quite a let down and overall the book moved very slowly. ( )
  Erica8 | Dec 8, 2021 |
Based on a copy provided by NetGalley.

It's a good, compelling story that made me really want to find out what happened at that barbecue. But after I found out, I sort of disengaged. I don't know if that's the fault of the story or the fault of the reader. I don't typically read this type of book, and there were no dragons or mysterious quests, so.... That being said, I can see why people enjoy Liane Moriarty. She's really got a handle on how to write a page-turner. ( )
  JessicaReadsThings | Dec 2, 2021 |
I understand that this book was not as well received as Moriarty's others. I still say that she has a great handle on human failings and relationships, especially among women. I really enjoyed it and fortunately still have a couple more of hers on my shelf that haven't been read, yet. ( )
  ClaireMulhern | Nov 17, 2021 |
I liked the twist at the end, but the middle of the story dragged on and it was slow getting to that point. I prefer Moriarty's books that were published with Berkeley (What Alice Forgot; The Husband's Secret). The newer books aren't as well-paced. ( )
  WriterChris | Oct 5, 2021 |
Music is the silence between the notes.   CLAUDE DEBUSSY
For Jaci
This is a story that begins with a barbecue," said Clementine.
You could jump so much higher when you had somewhere safe to fall.
No one warned you that having children reduced you right down to some smaller, rudimentary, primitive version of yourself, where your talents and your education and your achievements meant nothing.
A third child would be like sliding down a snake in a game of Snakes and Ladders.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,236,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible