The Thinking Cat's Guide to the Millennium

by Anne Richmond Boston

214,688,877 (3)None
Step aside Garfield. The Millennium is here and it's Ringer's turn. Combine the slyness of Sylvester with the erudition and literary range of Collette's cats, May Sarton's The Fur Person, and T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, and, well, you have Ringer. And, just in time... As Y2K sneaks up on us, Ringer is here to help us keep it all in perspective. A cat of many talents and opinions, after Ringer has taken in the daily headlines, surfed the Internet, and read a little dog-eared Proust, he still has time to dish up a fine feast of much - needed advice for all of us humans who need to relax a little as the year 2000 approaches. So, no computer crashes or coming Armageddon, just a good time spent with a cat who knows just a little bit more about things than we do, or so he thinks.Find Out: - Why cats make better companions than dogs...Cats are the smooth caress of a silken sweater against the cheek of a lovely girl on an autumn day. Dogs, on the other hand, are sock lint.- Why cats are smarter than people...I hate to break it to you, but people are to cats as Madonna is to Albert Einstein. We just hang out with you from pity. And, oh, there's that food thing.- Why cats aren't involved in politics...My advice to people worried about politics is to take a nap. If it hasn't passed when you wake up, wash your face and go kill a rodent. That always makes me feel better.- Why cats know more about the Y2K problem than humans...What's the problem? People are the ones who created all this nonsense about dates. My own theory is people live too long for their own good and create imaginary problems out of boredom. I don't worry about Y2K at all. What reallyscares me, though, is the thought that 'Hanging with Mr. Cooper' might go into reruns.… (more)
Recently added byBenAndShan, the1butterfly

This is a sort of fake journal from a cat's point of view. Some of the usual humor that comes up when people are pretending to write this way, but it also has its own brand of Y2K related humor. Funny enough and not a bad read. ( )
  the1butterfly | Nov 14, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,111,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible