Dark Night: A True Batman Story by Paul Dini

Dark Night: A True Batman Story (2016)

by Paul Dini, Eduardo Risso (Illustrator)

Other authors: Todd Klein (Letterer)

There are some books that transcend the medium and this book did just that. Everything about this book is so embarrassingly personal that I feel for Paul Dini. I don’t know what to write about since there’s so much to write about that I would rather leave it for me to find out again why I liked this book by reading it agin; I don’t want to ruin the rediscovery of enjoying this title

Favorite parts:
-Almost everything

Least:
-none

I don’t give it a perfect score since I reserve giving 5 stars to something that changes me or I recognize this is the highest caliber book in its medium ( )
  NoobNoob | Oct 20, 2018 |
I bought it without really knowing about the storyline. It was the Dark Knight so I bought it. At first I was disappointed to realise it was a comic book autobiography of Paul Dini. However as I read it I was captivated and moved by the story.

A great way to write an autobiography and I would fully recommend. ( )
  AlanTainty | Aug 28, 2018 |
This book hangs on the gimmick that the introspective protagonist interacts in his mind with DC Comics characters as he recovers from the physical and emotional trauma of a mugging. In the end, I grew tired of the gimmick and the thin story it was trying to carry. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
Unexpected--and unexpectedly touching--Dini's autobiographical graphic novel is not your typical Batman story, but it's a touching reminder of what Batman means to so many. ( )
  BillieBook | Apr 1, 2018 |
Publishers Weekly, 6/20/2016
  K.thoma | Jun 27, 2017 |

Paul Diniprimary authorall editionscalculated
Risso, EduardoIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Klein, ToddLetterersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
So... I got beat up.

Autobiographical story of writer Paul Dini's struggle to recover from a brutal attack that left him unable to face the world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,750,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible