Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop…

Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks (edition 2015)

by Barry McDonagh (Author)

Member:readbybrit
Title:Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks
Authors:Barry McDonagh (Author)
Info:BMD Publishing (2015), Edition: 1, 242 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:read in 2019, nonfiction, mental health, anxiety, male author, recommended, therapist, 3.5 stars, adult

Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks by Barry McDonagh

3.5/5

My therapist gave me this book to read and it wasn't bad but I felt like it was extremely repetitive. I generally liked the idea of the DARE method but after so many pages, I felt like I was just reading the same thing over and over.

I did enjoy the later chapters that focused more on intrusive thoughts, leaving your safe zone, being so hard on yourself, etc. I found these chapters focused a little bit more on what I struggle with after I had grasped the concept of the DARE method. As with any anxiety book or book that focuses on any facet of mental health, we all experience things differently and struggle in different ways. While I liked a lot of the general points, I found there were quite a few things where the answer was something that exacerbates my anxiety even more than the initial problem. Also, if one more person tells me to drop caffeine to make my anxiety better I'm going to scream. Coffee has never made my anxiety worse! Leave me alone to my cup of coffee!!!!

Overall, I like the concept of the DARE method and I'll definitely have to try to implement it even though challenging things to get worse seems insane. Who knows. ( )
  readbybrit | Apr 15, 2019 |

DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IF YOU WANT TO JUST “MANAGE” YOUR ANXIETY

There’s a new and faster way for anxiety relief, but few have ever heard it.

Most people are advised to either just “manage” their anxiety or medicate it away. If you’re tired of just managing your anxiety and want a powerful natural solution, then apply the ‘Dare’ technique as explained in Barry McDonagh’s latest book.

In this step-by-step guide you will discover how to:

-Stop panic attacks and end feelings of general anxiety.

-Face any anxious situation you’ve been avoiding (driving/flying/shopping etc.).

-Put an end to anxious or intrusive thoughts.

-Use the CORRECT natural supplements to relieve anxiety.

-Boost your confidence and feel like your old self again.

-Fall asleep faster and with less anxiety each night.

-Live a more bold and adventurous life again!

IMPORTANT: THIS IS MUCH MORE THAN JUST A BOOK

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 23 Jan 2016 15:24:08 -0500)

DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IF YOU JUST WANT TO 'MANAGE' YOUR ANXIETY There's a new and faster way for anxiety relief, but few have ever heard it. Most people are advised to either just "manage" their anxiety or medicate it away. If you're tired of just managing your anxiety and want a powerful natural solution, then apply the 'Dare' technique as explained in Barry McDonagh's latest book. Based on hard science and over 10 years helping people who suffer from anxiety, Barry McDonagh shares his most effective technique in this new book. The DARE technique can be used by everyone, regardless of age or background, to live a life free from anxiety or panic attacks. In this step-by-step guide you will discover how to: Stop panic attacks and end feelings of general anxiety. Face any anxious situation you've been avoiding (driving/flying/shopping etc.). Put an end to anxious or intrusive thoughts. Use the CORRECT natural supplements to relieve anxiety. Boost your confidence and feel like your old self again. Fall asleep faster and with less anxiety each night. Live a more bold and adventurous life again. IMPORTANT: THIS IS MUCH MORE THAN JUST A BOOK It also comes with a free App for your smartphone as well as four audios for quick anxiety relief. With these new tools you can apply the DARE Response in any situation that makes you anxious (e.g. driving/shopping/traveling). Help is now just a click away. You can learn more at: http://www.DareResponse.com… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,222,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible