Spirit Ascendancy by E. E. Holmes

Spirit Ascendancy

by E. E. Holmes

This is the third and final book of this trilogy named "The Gateway". In the first book we were introduced to Jess (Jessica) and Hannah Ballard and we found out about their roles in the spiritual world. In the second book they are headed to Fairhaven to learn how to control and use their abilities. In this third book they leave Fairhaven running for their lives, with both the Durupinen and the Necromancers trying to capture them because the same prophecy. The Durupinen trying to prevent the prophecy to happen and the Necromancers trying to make sure it will happen. And in this particular world, you have all the good ingredients that make this story to be a magnificent end to this series. This is a very intense book, very well written, with a rich plot developed from the point where the second book finished, and all characters are very well developed. I loved everything about this story. The writing style is wonderful, very well revised and edited, plot flows in high action/thriller style and there is plenty of action that makes you read the book in one weekend, at the edge of your chair. I really recommend this book to the permanent library of any reader that likes action with paranormal activity. But I strongly recommend that you read the first two books of this trilogy before starting this third book, so you can savor all the details of this incredible masterpiece. Very well done! ( )
  rmattos | Mar 11, 2016 |
I loved Spirit Ascendancy!The third book in the Gateway Trilogy was definitely worth the wait. I loved how everything comes together with great twists and turns, reveals, and the chemistry between Jessica and Finn. I couldn't put the book down.It was awesome how some characters in the previous books made an appearance again. Finn, Lucida, Carrigan-and everyone else and I enjoyed how everything was connected.I loved the characters of Jess and Hannah, and I'm sorry to see the series end but hoping for more just the same. This author does not disappoint.

Jack Murphy ( )
  urph818 | Nov 27, 2015 |

A POWER TOO TERRIBLE TO CONTROL...

IN THE WAKE of their terrifying escape from Fairhaven Hall, sisters Jess and Hannah Ballard find themselves on the run, pursued by the two most powerful groups in the history of the spirit world. On one side, the Durupinen, determined to capture the girls and prevent their role in an ancient prophecy that promises to destroy them and unleash the spirit hordes on the earth. On the other side, the Necromancers, ancient enemies of the Durupinen, hellbent on bringing the same prophecy to fruition. When the girls are betrayed and one of them falls into the Necromancers’ hands, both face decisions with cataclysmic consequences.

Will the lure of power prove too great to resist, or will the bond between the sisters survive this last, most crucial of tests?

Spirit Ascendancy is the much anticipated third and final installment of E.E. Holmes’ award-winning Gateway Trilogy.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 25 Jan 2016 05:59:19 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,800,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible