Grayson Volume 2: We All Die At Dawn by Tom…

Grayson Volume 2: We All Die At Dawn

by Tom King

“The flying Graysons. Nightwing, Robin. They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration. Comfort. Trust. Family. I gave that up to become a spy. A spider Man. A Tsuchigumo. I have changed. But I’ll always be Dick Grayson.”

Continuing Dick Grayson’s adventure as a spy in Spyral, this volume just didn’t click as well as the first. Some plot points didn’t make it off the ground and only added confusion, where the rest of the comic jumped from one event to another without explaining what had just happened. I had to go back several times to make sure I wasn’t missing anything vital to the story.

It does seem to be more focused on spies, double crossing, and secrets than anything else. Yeah, it’s supposed to be about spies, but it also just skims over bits that doesn’t relate to the spy world. Dick’s background as a superhero comes in to play, and instead of laying out a battle scene they just turn him into god-mode. I love Grayson, but in no way can he take down a monster that has all the abilities of the JLA by himself that fast.

Minos is confusing. Maybe the next volume will shed light on him more, but for a guy that is intent on exposing everyones secrets for the greater good, he sure keeps his own secrets held close.

Overall this volume isn’t anything to get excited about. Maybe the plot was pushed further along, and there are some great characterization scenes with Grayson, but it’s too disconnected to be a coherent story. ( )
  ReadingBifrost | Jul 6, 2018 |
First the TPB finishes off the story from the first volume. It was sorta cool. Midnighter, Helena, Grayson, and Abby in the desert.

We then have more with Midnighter as he, Helena, and Grayson go after Paragon's brain. And a story where Helena gets captured and we meet a guy named Rock. That was definitely my favorite story in the TPB. It cracked me up on multiple levels.

Then we get an ending of sorts, and Ididn't see the Minos thing coming. And then the ending, whoa.

I got this galley through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment. ( )
  DanieXJ | Jan 31, 2016 |

"Grayson and Helena Bertinelli, a.k.a. Huntress, join together and take on some of their toughest foes yet. Dick is on a mission to stop Paragon from using the body parts of a dead villain to create something far more sinister, he goes toe-to-toe with the Midnighter, and he and Helena battle foes from their past--the Fist of Cain. Plus, a tie-in to FUTURES END! Collects GRAYSON #5-9, and GRAYSON: FUTURES END #1"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,890,699 books! | Top bar: Always visible