Texas Hunt [with bonus story: 'What Happens…

Texas Hunt [with bonus story: 'What Happens on the Ranch']

by Barb Han

Other authors: Delores Fossen (Contributor)

Series: Mason Ridge (book 3)

512,032,121 (4)None

Good book with a friends to lovers romance and good suspense. Ryan and Lisa have been friends since they were kids. There has also been a pull of attraction that both have ignored. When Lisa experiences a brutal attack, she calls Ryan, the only man she feels she can trust.

Lisa knows why she was attacked. She is keeping a secret that the other party doesn't want revealed and who is determined to make sure it never is. She is worried about the safety of her sister and infant nephew, especially after their father's death under suspicious circumstances. She has spent years being independent and depending on no one but herself, so leaning on Ryan isn't easy for her. She is also worried that telling him her secret will change the way he looks at her.

Ryan also has trust issues. His mother deserted him and his brother when they were young, leaving them with an abusive father. As a result, he has no intention of ever having a family of his own. His protective instincts kick in when Lisa asks for his help. It takes him a bit to get her to open up to him, but when she does he is horrified by what happened to her.

I loved seeing the relationship develop between them. Because they have been friends for so long, they already know each other pretty well. I liked the way that Ryan believed her immediately when she told him what had happened. It was wonderful to see how sensitive and patient he was with her fears. Lisa also knew Ryan well, and knew the effect that his mother's abandonment had on him. With the recent loss of her father, she tries to make Ryan see the importance of family. She is also as protective of him as he is of her, and worries that she has brought danger to him. I enjoyed seeing the attraction build between them and then give in to it. The depth of the connection surprises them, and has them both thinking about the future. There's a bit of conflict when Lisa does something behind his back, but it is resolved pretty quickly.

The action and suspense of the story is good. Lisa kept the secret of her assault for a long time because of who did it and her fear of his retaliation if she told. His father is also in trouble with the law, and he is desperate to make sure nothing else can damage the reputation of the family. The attacks on Lisa escalate, and Ryan is determined to protect her and bring the bad guy to justice. I liked how characters from previous books were also involved in this one, and how they supported each other. There is also ongoing action from the previous books, and a possible link to what is happening in this one. The final confrontation is intense, and I loved how Lisa fought back. There are a couple interesting twists in the story, and questions that are still unanswered. I'm looking forward to the next book. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Mar 22, 2016 |

Barb Hanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fossen, DeloresContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Texas Hunt

My deepest thanks go to Allison Lyons for the amazing talent she brings to make each story the absolute best it can be—I am beyond grateful. I'm incredibly blessed to work with Jill Marsal and I'm looking forward to many more years together.

There are three people who cheer me on through late nights and weekends, who are always quick to build me up if my spirits dip, and who inspire me to reach deeper every day so that I can be half the person I see reflected in their eyes. Brandon, Jacob and Tori—my three beautiful gifts!—my world is so much brighter because of you!

And to you, Babe, because the life we've built together is so much better than I ever thought possible—and you are at the center of it all. I love you!
Texas Hunt

Lisa Moore woke with a start.
What Happens on the Ranch

Anna McCord figured she had committed a couple of sins, maybe even broken a few laws, just by looking at the guy in the bed.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373698941, Mass Market Paperback)

She had a secret that could rock her hometown—and unleash a killer

Ryan can't ignore Lisa's silence any more than he can resist the Texas heat between them. He risks his life—and heart—to protect her. But if he can't get Lisa to confide in him, the secret could bring the town of Mason Ridge to its knees. And destroy the only woman he has ever loved.

Plus a bonus short story by USA TODAY bestselling author Delores Fossen

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 24 Jan 2016 12:06:40 -0500)

When Ryan Hunt receives a dead-of-night call for help from his childhood friend Lisa Moore, he knows the emergency is real. After barely surviving a brutal attack, Ryan is the only person Lisa trusts. Convinced the assault wasn't random, he realizes she is hiding a dark and potentially deadly secret. Ryan can't ignore Lisa's silence any more than he can resist the Texas heat between them. He risks his lifeand heartto protect her. But if he can't get Lisa to confide in him, the secret could bring the town of Mason Ridge to its knees. And destroy the only woman he has ever loved.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,697,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible