Reckless Surrender (Made for Love) (Volume…

Reckless Surrender (Made for Love) (Volume 2)

by R.C. Martin

212,551,640 (4)None

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my review in any shape or form.

This was heartbreaking and beautiful all wrapped up into one story.

I’ll be honest when I first started Reckless Surrender I was really confused as to how all these stories were going to connect and to be honest I had no idea what was going on.

Soon, I was engrossed in the story. I was invested in the characters, I needed to know their story to know they were going to be okay. I was drawn to them, the writing and the story. If it wasn’t for mommy duties and sleep I would’ve finished this a lot sooner.

The story is told in four points of view, Daphne, Roman, Trevor and Logan’s. At times their voices all meshed together and I wasn’t sure whose point of view I was reading that’s what I didn’t like about the book but to be honest that was the only thing I didn’t like. I personally love having multiple perspectives, I love seeing the story threw the eyes of different characters. I get to see things from their perspective and I like being in each of their minds. Reckless Surrender is no different. It is also a friends to lovers and a enemies to lovers mixed into one beautiful story. KUDOS R.C. MARTIN! KUDOS! You wrapped two of my favorite things together and created a story that had me ignore the outside world so I could live in the world of Reckless Surrender.

Reckless Surrender gives the perfect message of surrendering to your fears and doubts and taking a leap of faith and hoping that things turn out for the best. Of course, like any story that is well written I was left with wanting more, I have a million questions going through my head wondering if all these characters are okay after I finished the book. That’s how much R.C. Martin made me care about the characters. I just wanted to make sure they were okay and I wanted to know more about them.

Some parts were a bit cliché but for me, that didn’t take away from the story like it does most stories. I think it worked out well with the storyline.

I loved that each character was unique and had it's own problems to deal with. I especially loved how they dealt with real issues learning to overcome their fears and just try to have some faith that things would work out for the best. It was something new and refreshing.

What I absolutely LOVED about this story was how religion played into it. And it wasn’t a preachy kind of religion story that I often ignore, roll my eyes and just count to ten because my patience is running thin. Oh no, this was actually beautifully tied into the story. I absolutely loved it. I loved how R.C. Martin didn’t preach Christianity, she didn’t force religion down your throat nor the characters either. It was beautifully played out and tastefully done. I have never read anything like that and I am seriously impressed. Each character discovered religion in their own personal way and had their own interpretation, it was beautifully.

I am definitely going to look into reading the first book and definitely the third book that’s coming soon. ( )
  tina_thebookworm | Feb 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,582,509 books! | Top bar: Always visible