Linger: Dying is a Wild Night by Edward…

Linger: Dying is a Wild Night

by Edward Fallon

Series: Linger (1)

202515,329 (5)None

As Kate Messenger is investigating a muder of a family , she is disturbed by what she sees. It is a violent , bloody vicious and unnerving scene that sends chills up your spine as the brutal display of vengeance is evident by the state of the bodies of the family. Kate notices that there is something out of place as she is searching through the house. A young boy, named Christopher and his guardian are trespassing on the murder scene. Why would these unlikely people be doing here at a muder scene ? Have they come back to gawk at the scene or do they know something that could help the investigation?

Kate will soon realize that Christopher has a unique gift that she will discover to be useful in her need to find the killer of the Brandford family. Kate asks Christopher. "Who are you. Where did you come from? His words were eerie as he answered , "The only thing that matters is where we're going ."

This is a psychological story that will have you on the edge of your seat looking over your shoulder. It is so brilliantly written with a dark, menacing unknown power that you are thrust into the deep reaches of the supernatural. Kate's character is so well written as a strong woman with a fierce determination for the truth . Chris has an ability to see things others can't. What does Chris see and hear that others can't? Is it dangerous to try to go after this beast he sees?

When Kate, Chris and Noah return to the Brandford house , something so sinister and evil will be revealed that it will have you shaking with anticipation. What was " the sound that was both horrifying and heartbreaking and sent a chill straight through Kate's central nervous system?" Were did that evil sound come from? What will happen when Kate touches Chris's fingers?

This book is filled with twists and turns that will make readers gasp as they continue to delve into the unknown world that Kate has entered. The scenes come alive as the words are so vivid and real. I have not read a book this intense and filled with intrigue in a long time. I could not put this book down . When I finished I knew I had read one of the scariest , most intense , well written books ever published. ( )
  Harley0326 | Jul 22, 2015 |
Linger: Dying Is A Wild Night is a captivating story that draws the reader into the suspense. Once you begin reading you'll have to finish. The characters are intriguing and likable. The plot twists and sends the reader into surprising directions, while the fluent writing of Edward Fallon easily pulls you along for the ride. It is an excellent first story for the Linger series, comfortably setting the stage for future adventures.

I liked the paranormal aspects of the storyline, using the boy Christopher as the medium, from whom all else stems. The supernatural occurrences are described in a succinct and believable manner, and make one stop to ponder some questions. What are our minds capable of? Can we experience more if we push limitations? How can we use our minds for good? I always enjoy a story that stretches my imagination. Like any good suspense drama, we have gruesome murderers who you'll like to hate, as well as a great last minute reveal.

Last but not least, there is a compelling protagonist who will win you over. She is Detective Lieutenant Kate Messenger, a strong willed, decisive, woman who rolls with the tide; willing to do what needs to be done to find a killer, the beast. Encouraged by her actions, the truth is revealed. She stands as a woman who won't be pushed around or tolerate bad behavior, and she manages bad situations with intelligence. During the storyline, you see her character grow, learning with each new development. I whole heartily recommend this book and looking forward to the next. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jun 17, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,572,787 books! | Top bar: Always visible