The Blue Velvet (Emerson's Attic) by…

The Blue Velvet (Emerson's Attic)

by Kathleen Andrews Davis

222,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byMacjam47

No tags.

In THE BLUE VELVET - Book One of the Emerson’s Attic Series, we meet Emerson Mcbride, a typical American teenager who does the same things any other teen would do. That is, until she is sent up to clean the attic. What happens there will surprise you.
Emerson finds herself on her back in a large room, not her attic. A strange voice keeps telling her to wake up and is calling her Emma. Lizzy is a housemaid in Harrington Hall.. Though Emerson is confused about everything, Lizzy helps direct her through her household chores and daily life in this huge manor.
Emerson is living in another time and has no idea how she got there, or how to get back home. What’s more, she is becoming suspicious of the eldest son of the owner of the Manor.
The characters in were believable in spite of the fact that they were time travelers. They were smart and able to put clues together to solve the mysteries they were entangled in. Emerson finds out a little more about herself in each adventure. I will stop at that to keep from giving away any spoilers.
The plot was equally engaging. Was well thought out and executed. The author did a fantastic job of pulling everything together at the end.
I loved Book One of the EMERSON’s ATTIC series, THE BLUE VELVET. No, just so you understand, let me repeat myself. I L-O-V-E-D this book. I couldn’t put it down. I would highly recommend this series to any middle grade girl (age 9-14). A boy could certainly read them, but I think they are written more to a girl’s interest.
  Macjam47 | Jan 24, 2016 |
  Macjam47 | Jan 24, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,562,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible