Aura: Book One Of The Senses Novels (Volume…

Aura: Book One Of The Senses Novels (Volume 1)

by K M Aul

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byRebekah_Laird

No tags.

I received this book from library thing for an honest review
I must admit I found the storyline of this book intriguing but all in all I felt it read more like a brief movie proposal rather than a book. The beginning bits that take you through his infancy to the point of his adulthood was a little chaotic in writing with asides that I felt detracted from the story itself. I will say a few things I like about it here though:
1. When we did finally get into the story it was interesting to read and I was intrigued by many of the plot points.
2. The characters were fun to read and I felt they could be ones I could get behind in the story.
3. The book has a great potential to be a good beginning to a series.
4. Some of the action sequences looked really awesome when I imagined them from their descriptions and would love to see in a movie sometime.
With that being said there are a few critiques I have:
1. I felt the beginning of the book was a little chaotic, as I have mentioned before, and overall I was tired of hearing that I would hear more about it in another story or I would hear more about that later (which sometimes we never did). It felt like it was an overlong prologue and I could have done without.
2. Too many times years and months were glazed over I felt could have used some more explanation as to what was going on.
3. The storyline moved too fast and I think that had to do with the overlong prologue that took up a good amount of the book. A lot of this also made it feel like too much of the story was left unexplained and left it feeling a little confused.
Overall the book was not terrible and it amused me at times with some of the dialogue but I feel like this book might make a better movie and as I have said before it sounded more like a movie proposal as it is written. ( )
  Rebekah_Laird | Jan 25, 2016 |

K M Aul is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,586,194 books! | Top bar: Always visible