Listen Like a Dog: And Make Your Mark on the…

Listen Like a Dog: And Make Your Mark on the World

by Jeff Lazarus

1None5,450,815NoneNone
Recently added byMarinejuly

No tags.

No reviews

Have you ever talked to a dog. Not just the "Who's a good boy? Spike's a good boy" stuff, but really talked? About your struggles, your heartaches, your joys―baring your soul to a canine friend? If you have, chances are it made you feel free to say whatever you wanted, without the burden of justifying your position, sounding witty, or telling an entertaining story. Free to take your time, without fear of judgment or recrimination. Even if you can't have a real discussion, when compared to conversations with humans you'd probably admit that dogs are the better communicators―paws down. Why? Because even though they don't speak our language, they really listen.

It's time to take a fresh look at listening and we need go no further than the furry best friend at our feet. Dogs don't interrupt us, finish our sentences, offer advice, try to top our stories, or text us instead of talking to us. Dogs pay extremely close attention to us; they study our facial expressions, our body language, our eye movements, and our voice patterns. Dogs do not just listen with their ears, they listen with their entire being.

True listening can enhance every relationship in one's life, and can transform broken associations and inject new life into business and social interactions. It is the magic ingredient that forges real connections with others. People want good listeners in their inner circle, they want do business with them, they trust them and will share critical information with them. That means the person who masters this skill has enormous advantages, both in business and in his or her personal life. By listening like a dog, readers will find renewed connection and a deeper sense of compassion, companionship and understanding with the people in their lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:00:05 -0500)

An engaging and sometimes humorous book about the art of listening. The author suggests that to improve the effectiveness of our listening and communication skills, we should model our behaviour after dogs, the masters of communication.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jeff Lazarus's book Listen Like a Dog was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,805,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible