Sebring by Kristen Ashley

Nick wants to avenge the murder of his FBI girlfriend by her family and he's going to use her as his way in. She first meets him in a private club watching BDSM scene which turns into them having sex against the wall. They begin with just being a hookup but Nick quickly finds himself falling for her. Her family are gangsters and she's part of the business whether she wants to be or not. There's is a rocky road, this is no pretty tale, but one I could not put down.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Summary
Nick Sebring has come along way and has his own demons to fight. He has changed since being the rebellious Sebring brother. While working undercover, his fellow agent and the woman he fell in love with was shot in front of him and its been four years and he vows justice for what he has lost, losing the one person that changed him for the better. His target is to get a foothold in the Shade crime family, and bring down the man behind everything and bringing down their organization. Olivia Shade, is one of the two daughters of the Shade Crime Family. Olivia has been stuck in a tough position, she is different from her sister and her parents. Her hands aren't white clean, but she is a practical prisoner, she once tried to escape and her own father burned her back with oil and she knew she could never escape and will always be under their thumbs. Her only escape was a private club, where she meets Nick Sebring. Nick has ulterior motives, but soon his heart start to get involved with Olivia, and finding a way to be together with her family more dangerous than ever, might be impossible with their lives intact.
Plot and Story Line
In Sebring, the long awaited story of Nick's story. Now when we first meet Nick in the first book "Knight" he is a ass plain and simple. Like seriously, he isn't the type of bad boy you would want to be with. He has some serious issues with his brother at the time. Now, however he is a completely different person. Working undercover for the government and falling in love changed him for the better. We get introduced to a man that is heartbroken. He has just lost his girl in the most horrific way possible, and barely survived himself. This is what sets us off with the story so it really draws you in. Then we skip four years, where Nick has been watching the whole Shade Family. But his focus is on Olivia, she is his way in. Now I will say that as a whole I enjoyed this book quite a bit, however it is probably my least favorite of the series. I wasn't a huge fan of the way these two get together. Pretty much just have sex like bunnies for quite some time, it felt like a bit too much at times. Now I started to really enjoy the story when they start to open up to each other. So Nick was such a great hero in this book, I love seeing the good changes in his characters and seeing his closeness with his brother and Anya and their two little girls. Our heroine Olivia is actually quite likable. I like how she has a good heart especially when you see how crazy her father and sister are especially. She is in a tough spot but she does what she can. She has always dreamed of being safe and free and it was quite heart wrenching at times seeing what she goes through here. But I love how committed Nick is to freeing Olivia from her psychotic family.

“And I’m the man who’s got two priority missions. To get you free of a life you hate and to get you to a place that you smile, frequently and easily.”

We see how their romance is very forbidden, since it could cost them their lives if they get caught. So yeah there is quite a bit of intensity and suspense in this story and this is where we see their relationship really develop. And this is where I started to fall in love with the story. I loved the way everything plays out in the end and seeing how hard Nick has to work and grovel to get to his HEA!!
The Narration
I just am loving this narrator so much, her voice is so pleasant to listen to and she really conveys the emotions just right for the story. Definitely looking forward to listening to more of her work soon.
The Cover
I absolutely love love LOVE this cover, such a beautiful scene here!!
Overall View
Sebring is a hot and intense read that will keep you on the edge of your seat, a story of sacrifice, healing and love!!

You've made me safe.

You've made me free.

You've made me happy. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
I just love Kristen Ashley books. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
So very good. I had set this aside to read during my vacation and I'm so glad it didn't let me down. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
Its a true testament of a great author that can take a character that I am pretty sure no one could stand (from Knight) and totally make you fall in love with him within the first paragraph of his book.

Nick Sebring has matured a lot and seeing his girlfriend murdered before his eyes was the final push to creating the man he is today. That man is also one that wants vengeance for her death.

As Nick was a complicated character I expected nothing less of the woman he ended up with. Olivia Shade was born into a crime syndicate family. Its not something she wanted but never saw a way to escape it. Her father has gone over the edge and doesn't think twice about killing anyone or even torturing his own daughter if he feels she betrayed him. Her sister isnt far behind him in the having let power and the need to for more go to her head. Olivia holds tight to her emotions and vows to never let another man in to her head or heart.

Daddy Shade was the man responsible for Nick's girlfriends death years ago. He has been planning to take him down and is not above using Olivia to do that. Problem is he starts to see what's really on the inside and realizes he is falling for her.

I loved all the previous books in this series and if I had to pick a favorite it probably would either be Knight or Deacon but man Nick's journey and story was some of the best writing I've seen from KA. We get all the previous characters helping through out this book and it was really great to finally see Knight and Nick be the brothers and love each other the way they always should have.

If a beloved series has to end this is the way to end it. Hopefully we still get to see a few of these guys pop up in the Chaos series as Valenzuela is still alive and causing problems. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |

Nick Sebring has issues. Born feeling like an outsider in his own family, growing up under the shadow of a brother who could do anything, Nick isn’t that great of a guy. But when this culminates with Nick lashing out to hurt his brother through the woman he loves, Nick turns inward and makes some decisions about the man he intends to be. And as he does this, he falls in love and truly learns the man that he’s grown to be. When his love is murdered right before Nick’s eyes, Nick knows he has to avenge her. He knows how he’s going to avenge her. And he has no qualms using Olivia Shade to exact that vengeance. Olivia Shade has grown up on the outside of her family too. Her problem is that they don’t want her outside. They want her all the way in, right under their thumbs. She pays the price for seeking escape and learns her lesson—she’ll never see a dawn where she wakes up free. Then she meets Nick Sebring, and even as she fights it, the hope that died years ago starts to blossom. She can find love. She can have a man of her own. She can be happy. She can be free. Olivia hopes while Nick schemes. However, as Nick peels back the layers of all that is Olivia Shade, he finds something surprising. He understands its fragility. He falls in love with its beauty. He seeks to protect it. But he forgets to protect his Livvie from one thing: Nick Sebring.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 29 Jan 2016 17:09:29 -0500)

Nick Sebring has issues. Born feeling like an outsider in his own family, growing up under the shadow of a brother who could do anything, Nick isn't that great of a guy. But when this culminates with Nick lashing out to hurt his brother through the woman he loves, Nick turns inward and makes some decisions about the man he intends to be.And as he does this, he falls in love and truly learns the man that he's grown to be.When his love is murdered right before Nick's eyes, Nick knows he has to avenge her. He knows how he's going to avenge her. And he has no qualms using Olivia Shade to exact that vengeance.Olivia Shade has grown up on the outside of her family too. Her problem is that they don't want her outside. They want her all the way in, right under their thumbs. She pays the price for seeking escape and learns her lesson?she'll never see a dawn where she wakes up free.Then she meets Nick Sebring, and even as she fights it, the hope that died years ago starts to blossom. She can find love. She can have a man of her own. She can be happy. She can be free.Olivia hopes while Nick schemes.However, as Nick peels back the layers of all that is Olivia Shade, he finds something surprising. He understands its fragility. He falls in love with its beauty. He seeks to protect it.But he forgets to protect his Livvie from one thing: Nick Sebring.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,732,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible