Sebring by Kristen Ashley

So very good. I had set this aside to read during my vacation and I'm so glad it didn't let me down. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
Its a true testament of a great author that can take a character that I am pretty sure no one could stand (from Knight) and totally make you fall in love with him within the first paragraph of his book.

Nick Sebring has matured a lot and seeing his girlfriend murdered before his eyes was the final push to creating the man he is today. That man is also one that wants vengeance for her death.

As Nick was a complicated character I expected nothing less of the woman he ended up with. Olivia Shade was born into a crime syndicate family. Its not something she wanted but never saw a way to escape it. Her father has gone over the edge and doesn't think twice about killing anyone or even torturing his own daughter if he feels she betrayed him. Her sister isnt far behind him in the having let power and the need to for more go to her head. Olivia holds tight to her emotions and vows to never let another man in to her head or heart.

Daddy Shade was the man responsible for Nick's girlfriends death years ago. He has been planning to take him down and is not above using Olivia to do that. Problem is he starts to see what's really on the inside and realizes he is falling for her.

I loved all the previous books in this series and if I had to pick a favorite it probably would either be Knight or Deacon but man Nick's journey and story was some of the best writing I've seen from KA. We get all the previous characters helping through out this book and it was really great to finally see Knight and Nick be the brothers and love each other the way they always should have.

If a beloved series has to end this is the way to end it. Hopefully we still get to see a few of these guys pop up in the Chaos series as Valenzuela is still alive and causing problems. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
this sounds goood *_*
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |

Nick Sebring has issues. Born feeling like an outsider in his own family, growing up under the shadow of a brother who could do anything, Nick isn’t that great of a guy. But when this culminates with Nick lashing out to hurt his brother through the woman he loves, Nick turns inward and makes some decisions about the man he intends to be. And as he does this, he falls in love and truly learns the man that he’s grown to be. When his love is murdered right before Nick’s eyes, Nick knows he has to avenge her. He knows how he’s going to avenge her. And he has no qualms using Olivia Shade to exact that vengeance. Olivia Shade has grown up on the outside of her family too. Her problem is that they don’t want her outside. They want her all the way in, right under their thumbs. She pays the price for seeking escape and learns her lesson—she’ll never see a dawn where she wakes up free. Then she meets Nick Sebring, and even as she fights it, the hope that died years ago starts to blossom. She can find love. She can have a man of her own. She can be happy. She can be free. Olivia hopes while Nick schemes. However, as Nick peels back the layers of all that is Olivia Shade, he finds something surprising. He understands its fragility. He falls in love with its beauty. He seeks to protect it. But he forgets to protect his Livvie from one thing: Nick Sebring.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 29 Jan 2016 17:09:29 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,924,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible