Owned by the Hitman by Alexis Abbott

Owned by the Hitman

by Alexis Abbott

I was gifted an ARC for an honest review.

I am a sucker for an anti-hero! You know, the bad guy, someone I am really not supposed to fall in love with. Owned By the Hitman totally nailed it for me. We get Ivan, the hot hitman! Katy our heroine is a strong lead. (LOVE strong females) She inherits her father’s business as well as his problems after his death. Katy the strong independent woman she is tries her hardest to handle everything that has been thrown at her. As luck would have it, or bad luck, she is starting to fall under. Enter, Ivan! He’s like a bad guy prince charming. Seriously, he is a “monster. He's a criminal, and something so much worse.” Yet he is almost soft and sweet, yeah not that I would say that to his face. There is action, Mafia, plot twists, sexy fun with an Alpha and we get to see Katy soften to her “captor”.

“I can't stop the tingling in my body every time I think of how he touched me, and those dark but delicious words rolling off his tongue, tinged with his Russian accent.” YUMMY! I think my favorite part of the book was Ivan’s terms of endearment. As the story goes along, pay attention to the Russian words he calls her. Look them up on google to translate them, it is worth taking the time. For me, that was the progression of the book. Ms. Abbott did it slow and steady. I loved that too. It was a slow burn… and it ended hot!

I will leave you with this; big strong bad guy Ivan, “I have never held such a lovely and delicate creature in my arms.” WHAT?! Swoon. Owned by the Hitman was fantastic!
  Heather_Black | Jan 26, 2016 |

Alexis Abbott is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,534,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible