Should You Be Laughing at This? (2006)

by Hugleikur Dagsson

Hugleikur Dagsson is from Iceland. During the winter in Iceland there are only three hours of daylight. During the summer in Iceland there is no darkness. Iceland's national drink is called 'Black Death'. In Iceland this book is a cult-bestseller. The questions you should ask yourself is- Should you be laughing at this?… (more)

This wasn't my cup of tea - I found most of the toons pretty puerile. But I appreciate the fact that my local library has a copy that I could request, so I could read it for myself.
Some of the toons are available online: http://www.shouldyoubelaughingatthis.co.uk/ ( )
  francescadefreitas | Oct 15, 2010 |
fantastic book. Now I think most, if not all of it is funny but for some people it well, it can be offensive. It's all stick figure drawing in hilarous situations. Honestly why some might find the content distasteful I really think that Dagsson is entertaining and commenting on modern life. ( )
  ToRamona | Dec 14, 2009 |
The most explanitory book title of all time. This tiny volume is full of a great many hilarious cartoons which immediately after laughing you will think to yourself - why am I laughing? I shouldn't be laughing - that's sick!

That doesn't stop you from turning the next page though... ( )
  shanel | Nov 23, 2007 |
Icelandic cartoons that seem to be written intentionally to offend or shock. A few a actually quite funny, the majority are forced. ( )
  omphalos02 | Oct 3, 2007 |
Should You Be Laughing at This? is a cult classic in Iceland, apparently. Then again, Iceland is a dark country where people drink booze and eat rotten shark. Then again, that also describes Finland (well, lose the shark). People with strong moral backbone will most certainly find these crude comics about crude topics offensive, but if you're not too sensitive, this'll give you an opportunity to see what you can laugh about and what you cannot. What's sacred for you? (Review based on the Finnish translation.)

(Original review from my review blog) ( )
1 vote msaari | Aug 9, 2007 |

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,441,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible