The Tuttle Twins Learn About the Law by…

The Tuttle Twins Learn About the Law (edition 2014)

by Connor Boyack (Author)

Series: Tuttle Twins (1)

"Children are often taught that government protects our life, liberty, and property, but could it be true that some laws actually allow people to hurt us and take our things? Join Ethan and Emily Tuttle as they learn about property, pirates, and plunder. With the help of their neighbor Fred, the twins will need to figure out what they can do to stop the bad guys in government!"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)
Member:BrittCarb
Title:The Tuttle Twins Learn About the Law
Authors:Connor Boyack (Author)
Info:Libertas Press (2014), Edition: 1st, 60 pages

Work Information

The Tuttle Twins Learn About the Law by Connor Boyack

Review on the 11 books of the Tuttle Twin series.

This review is an overview of 11 Tuttle Twin books.

Scrolling through my Facebook feed one day, I noticed an ad for a children’s book series that highlighted a negative review. I don’t recall the exact wording, but the reviewer complained that the books brainwashed kids to believe in a conservative view of society. That sold me. I never bought a product impulsively based on an online ad before, but I saw that these books would be a valuable resource for homeschooling and educationally involved families.

I have intentionally taught my kids a biblical and conservative worldview since they were little. If parents don’t make a conscious effort to pass on their worldview to their children, the cultural elites— academia, mainstream media, Hollywood, and Madison Avenue—will. Their plan for society has birthed an overbearing government, anti-patriotism, and the recent riots that have destroyed the centers of many American cities.

Recognizing that schools no longer teach classical liberty, Connor Boyack wrote these books to instruct his kids on how a free society functions.

His worldview may seem a bit extreme to some readers, especially his apparent antagonism towards the government. Libertarians believe that the governments that rule the best rule the least.

Even if you don’t hold such a strong view about government, you will still find these books useful in training your children on how civics and economics work in a free society. Family discussions on how people hold different views on these topics will benefit everyone.

Many of the one-star reviewers on Amazon object to the reference to God in the first book, "The Tuttle Twins Learn About the Law." I agree with Boyack that our inalienable rights come from God, and a government will only safeguard these rights if its leaders submit to a transcendent power. Despite this, those who may dislike “religion” will still find this series helpful. The other ten books don’t reference faith or God.

Each book closes with a one-page summary of the book on which the lesson is based, has a short glossary (vocabulary for a school lesson), and five discussion questions. To extend the learning experience, Libertas Press has created an accompanying for each book and a weekly, free-market curriculum.

Despite a few libertarian beliefs that some others might find a bit extreme, overall, these books will serve as excellent tools for parents to teach their children how the free market and a free society work. And parents, I bet you will learn a thing or two as well. ( )
  Newton_Books | Feb 4, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,411,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible