Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis

Dragons of Autumn Twilight (original 1984; edition 2003)

by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

Member:Shalashaska
Title:Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Authors:Margaret Weis
Other authors:Tracy Hickman
Info:Wizards of the Coast (2003), Edition: 1St Edition, Hardcover, 416 pages

Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis (1984)

English (57)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (1)  French (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (62)
"As a group of companions, long separated, gather before the fire at the Inn of the Last Home, they encounter a mysterious young woman bearing a blue crystal staff and a breathtaking message; the gods have returned." ( )
  jrthebutler | Sep 4, 2018 |
A foundational fantasy novel for the entire Dragonlance world. This book introduces our main hero group (traditional DnD type characters) in the world of Krynn. The gods have abandoned Krynn after a cataclysm 500 years ago. Our heroes had separated to search the world for any signs of the gods and the book begins with them meeting up to share their findings, but before they get a chance, the real adventure begins! ( )
  ShawnStipic | Jul 21, 2018 |
Historic but sees quite dated now. ( )
  jamespurcell | Mar 13, 2018 |
Classic 80s fantasy. I read these when I was in middle school and a lot of why I write is in part because of these ridiculous books. Reading them now, the story is still great fun, the characters are all great, but oh, the writing. Weis is incapable of writing emotion — all the emotional sentences are very heavy handed and difficult. There will be passages in which everything reads like an uncomfortable draft of the stuff I wrote when I was thirteen - stiff and awkward. The fight scenes are great, though. I wished for more (or better) female characters, but I do love Raistlin, Tasselhoff, and Tanis. Aw nostalgia. ( )
  eaduncan | Sep 14, 2017 |
Having last read this when I was, perhaps, 12 I decided to take a walk down memory lane (suffice it to say, it has been a couple of decades.) Here is the first book of a series that, at least in part, has left me with a life-long taste for the fantasy genre (though these days, mostly as PC/console games.)

I see why I liked it so much then. The writing definitely is aimed at what is now called "young adult" (was there such a distinct genre 25-ish years ago?) Reading it again, it seems a bit simple; the writing, characters, shallow.

That said, I did like it (again), though I recognize how much of that is likely from nostalgia. ( )
  dcunning11235 | Oct 17, 2016 |

Renvall, MikaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sandrelli, SandroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stawicki, MattCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Laura, the true Laurana - Tracy Raye Hickman

To my children, David and Elizabeth Baldwin, for their courage and support - Margaret Weis
Tika Waylan straightened her back with a sigh, flexing her shoulders to ease her cramped muscles.

Flint Fireforge collapsed on a moss-covered boulder.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0786915749, Mass Market Paperback)

Think of it as A New Hope for the world of Dragonlance: Sure, maybe it's a little rough around the edges, maybe it's got one cliché too many, but this baby is pure magic. The first volume in the Dragonlance Chronicles series, this classic from Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman started it all for Krynn, eventually spawning a bestselling 90-plus book series. (And, frankly, you'd do well to stick to the Weis-Hickman titles.) All the heroes that you've likely heard of already--the creepy, hourglass-eyed Raistlin, the noble half-elf Tanis, the comic relief Tasselhoff Burrfoot, the curmudgeonly dwarf Flint Fireforge--they're all here, starting the good fight against the Dark Queen Takhisis as the War of the Lance begins. Pick up Dragons of Winter Night when you're done. --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:13 -0400)

Dragons from the distant past gather to engulf the world of Krynn in war.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,625,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible