Woman of God by James Patterson

Woman of God (edition 2016)

by James Patterson (Author)

"St. Peter's Square, Rome. White smoke signals that a new Pope has been chosen. Is it possible that the new Pope is a woman? The world is watching as historic crowds gather in Rome, waiting for news of a new Pope, one who promises to be unlike any other in the Church's history. Some followers are ecstatic, but the leading candidate has made a legion of powerful enemies. From a difficult childhood with drug addled parents, to a career as a doctor on the front lines in Sudan, to a series of trials that test her faith at every turn, Brigid Fitzgerald's convictions and callings have made her the target of all those who fear that the Church has lost its way dangerous adversaries who abhor challenges to tradition. Locked in a deadly, high-stakes battle with forces determined to undermine everything she believes in, Brigid must convert her enemies to her cause before she loses her faith and her life"--… (more)
Member:burrlib
Title:Woman of God
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2016), 400 pages

Woman of God by James Patterson

Love this Patterson & Paetro book!

Thought it was boring at the beginning. But it's a wonderful read. Keep going if you are reluctant about it, might enjoy it like I did. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
Really having a difficult time knowing what to say about this book. First, obviously I enjoyed it. Secondly, and probably most importantly, really did not expect to read a story like this one from James Patterson. Candidly did not know what to expect from this book or where the story would take me. Reading the dust jacket left one wondering if this was a story about the possibility the Catholic church would be electing a woman as Pope. WOW! What an outlandish thought.

This is a step above the usual James Patterson story and something I would not have expected from him. While he is a very good story teller normally there is not a great depth to his writing. This is an exception from his normal story telling and, for him, a powerful story of faith and the trials of life that brought this woman to the acceptance of herself and her faith. I don't know why, and was surprised, I found the story very enthralling. Her journey through life was part escape and part searching for herself knowing that her talents as a healer were where she would find peace and self fulfillment. This is a story that worked on several levels. A simple story of her life but a story that forces us to consider the good and the nightmares that are part of today's world. The slaughter of the helpless. The anger and blindness of intolerance. The loss of those you love.

can44okie | Aug 28, 2020 |
Woman of God is unlike anything that James Patterson has written, to a point that the reader forgets whom has written it. Telling the story of Bridget,whom is rumored to be the first woman Pope, getting shot and then traveling backwards 20years to what lead her to that point in time. Bridget is a strong character however looses a lot every few pages at some points creating bad just prior to the reader making a connection to the surroundings. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Jul 4, 2020 |
I really liked it! Happy, sad, adventurous... kept me reading, thinking and feeling throughout! I kept thinking that I had to disconnect from the subject - suspend my disbelief... but it worked without that blur you sometimes need. GOOD STORY!! GREAT characters!! Well done, Maxine!! ( )
  nwieme | Mar 19, 2020 |
I enjoyed reading this book about a woman who was very spiritual. Brigid is a doctor working in South Sudan, Africa, a war torn country. Many things happen to her, taking her through Europe and then back to her home in Boston. Throughout the book, Bridget is faced with many trials, yet she constantly turns to God. Sometimes she loses her faith, but later regains it. Will this woman of God become the first female pope? It is an interesting book on certain traditions in the Catholic faith and how they might evolve in the future. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |

Patterson, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, Maxinemain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,369,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible