Turbo Twenty-Three: A Stephanie Plum Novel…

Turbo Twenty-Three: A Stephanie Plum Novel (edition 2016)

by Janet Evanovich (Author)

Member:seasonsoflove
Title:Turbo Twenty-Three: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Authors:Janet Evanovich (Author)
Info:Bantam (2016), Edition: First Edition, 304 pages
Tags:funny, mystery

Turbo Twenty-Three by Janet Evanovich

As always Evanovich has another great entry into the Stephanie Plum series. Stephanie is again in the middle of a mystery when she finds a dead man in the back of a stolen eighteen wheeler that she and Lula use to track down another FTA. The dead man is covered in chocolate and nuts, a special formula used by a local ice cream company, putting two different Trenton ice cream companies at the center of the investigation. Rangeman is already involved with increasing security at one of the companies, so Ranger asks Stephanie to go in undercover to learn more about what might be going on inside, leading to several situations in which Stephanie's life is put in danger.
This is another laugh out loud Stephanie Plum book. Lula's escapades continue to make for great comic fodder as does Grandma Mazur. The Ranger and Joe Morelli love triangle is still engaging. I'll anxiously look forward to another Stephanie Plum book. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
TURBO TWENTY-THREE:STEPHANIE PLUM'S newest adventure(or is it disaster?) by JANET EVANOVICH continues the saga of Ms Plum's bounty hunting & sex life . Yes, maybe the series is getting a little tired but when you are running your own business and are working twelve hours a day like I am, it really helps to not only have a chance to sit back and read the zanie, wackie Stephanie & Lulu and laugh your socks off, but its good to know someone out there,even a fictional person is having a worse life than I am!

Turbo Twenty three starts off with a favor from Ranger. And of course any woman out there would not refuse Ranger, especially Stephanie. Ranger is looking into Bogart Ice Cream factory. Death and vandalism is going on there and Stephanie is perfect for the insider at the factory. Stephanie says yes because not only is it Ranger asking the favor but Stephanie and Lulu have just found the body of the Bogart HR manager in a truck freezer dead, impersonating a Bogart Bar! ( )
  DDJTJ1 | Jun 24, 2017 |
Turbo Twenty-Three, a Stephanie Plum novel by Janet Evanovich is the twenty-third in the Stephanie Plum series. I recently read Tricky Twenty-Two, so immediately went on for the next in the series. Stephanie Plum is a bounty-hunter in New Jersey. I admit I preferred number twenty-two over twenty-three. This novel was more about the silly mystery involving an ice cream factory, and corpses disguised as a giant chocolate ice cream bar, and less character driven. One thing that I do enjoy is that all of the Stephanie Plum books can stand by themselves. I do not have to have read all twenty-three books to know what is going on in Stephanie’s life because it does not change. One thing I d o not like about the Stephanie Plum books is nothing in her life ever changes! ( )
  sh7980 | Jun 4, 2017 |
I would probably give this a 3 3/4 if there was such a thing. I love this series but this time around there was a definite repetitive feel. It got better as I went and I guess if you haven't read any of the other books the repeat info would get you up to date but I'm thinking that by # 23 you've become a fan. Lula and Briggs did manage a giggle fit from me and after all isn't that the cherry on the top with this series? 😉 ( )
  whybehave2002 | May 20, 2017 |
I love the Stephanie Plum novels on audio. It’s like revisiting a favorite sitcom. The story matters less that the characters and they are all here: Lula, Grandma Mazar, Ranger, and company. An ice cream truck is hi-jacked, a corpse coated in chocolate and sprinkles rolls out, and we’re off. Fun. ( )
  rglossne | Mar 14, 2017 |
Larry Virgil is a lanky, grease--stained guy in his forties.

Speed is the name of the game as Stephanie Plum returns in Turbo Twenty-Three—the thrilling, fast-paced new adventure from #1 New York Times bestselling author Janet Evanovich.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 07 Feb 2016 04:50:48 -0500)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,141,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible