Dragons of Spring Dawning by Margaret Weis

Dragons of Spring Dawning (edition 2003)

by Margaret Weis

Member:andrefal
Title:Dragons of Spring Dawning
Authors:Margaret Weis
Info:Wizards of the Coast (2003), Hardcover, 352 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:dragonlance

Dragons of Spring Dawning by Margaret Weis

English (20)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  All (22)
This trilogy has some failings. The story jumps here and there but the focus remains true to the core characters and I believe the writers had to get this out for the game was moving fast. It stood the test of time for me. Maybe nostalgia, however I truly think the way it is written is more to do with it. The story is solid and the Heroes true heroes. It speak volumes when I saw tonight. Storm Brightblade in Pillars of Eternity - this was and is a seminal series for so many people.
The faults and sometimes rushed story are understandable - but bearable.
I'm looking forward to read some more from the World of Krynn and Dragonlance. ( )
  Ben_Harnwell | Apr 26, 2015 |
I read this trilogy shortly after it came out. This was my first by these authors & it was an excellent introduction. I don't recall that it was great writing, but found it entertaining, although I was never inclined to read it again. There are so many other books in this world that I was quickly overwhelmed & our library never had them all, so I read a few others out of order & pretty much gave up on them. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Oh where to begin! First, I have to say I'm in love with this series. I don't get to read much for pleasure. Normally, I'm reading for authors and writing book review. Since I had a break in between books, I figured I'd catch up with the companions and see what was going on.

This book took me less than 24 hours to read. I honestly couldn't put it down. I knew that something big was about to take place, but I had no clue it was going to be that big. I was deeply sad to see the death of one. I also was shocked to learn the nasty secret of another. The love and friendship that developed between them all is just breath taking. I wish that I could say more than what I did. Normally my reviews are very detailed. Only problem with this book is, the details are what will give the ending away. Then I become a spoiler and ruin it for y'all. So, get the book and read it for yourselves!

Now that I have finished the Dragonlance Chronicles, I am so anxious in starting the next book, Time of the Twins. Again, I can't thank my friends Mike and Aj for turning me onto this series. I guess, I need to be nice to them for a few days! ( )
  cbilbo | Apr 2, 2014 |

cbilbo | Apr 2, 2014 |

One of my all time favorite trilogies, never gets old. ( )
  capiam1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |

Renvall, MikaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sandrelli, SandroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stawicki, MattCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Angel and Curtis, my children, my hope, and my life -- Tracy Raye Hickman
The dragonarmy officer slowly descended the stairs from the second floor of the Saltbreeze Inn.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0786915897, Mass Market Paperback)

The final installment in Weis and Hickman's Chronicles series--Dragonlance's undisputed must-read trilogy--brings on the main event: the Companions vs. the dragons in a knock-down drag-out at the iron works of Pax Tharkas, as the fate of Krynn hangs in the balance. They've mastered the Orbs and picked up the Dragonlance (see Dragons of Winter Night), and things are looking pretty good with the return of the good metallic dragons. But the band soon learns they must do battle with their own inner conflicts if they ever hope to defeat the Dark Queen Takhisis. A bang-up conclusion to Dragonlance's best-loved trilogy. --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:06 -0400)

The people of Krynn fight a final desperate battle against the dragons and Takhisis, the Queen of Darkness.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,507,557 books! | Top bar: Always visible