Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Dark Matter

by Blake Crouch

A mind-bending, relentlessly paced science-fiction thriller, in which an ordinary man is kidnapped, knocked unconscious--and awakens in a world inexplicably different from the reality he thought he knew.

English (338)  Italian (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (340)
It wasn't a bad book but i had the plot figured out 10 pages in the book. ( )
  Fidelias | Jan 9, 2020 |
I read this book after shoulder surgery so my attention span was a bit off. I skipped over a lot but still managed to get the jist of the story. Different type of book than what I usually read, change is good. ( )
  janismack | Jan 7, 2020 |
Great story about Jason, a scientist who is abducted and sent to an alternate universe by his original. It’s not time travel, it is realities/universes traveled by use of “the box”. It made me think of the twin mirrors in the bathroom at the State Theatre in Lincoln. ( )
  mitchellmom | Dec 29, 2019 |
Yet another sci fi book which shows great imagination, but in which the characters are rather one dimensional. Are any sci fi authors great novelists as well? ( )
  elimatta | Dec 18, 2019 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I'm at a loss for words. Dark Matter was one hell of a book. Last year I read Abandon, one of Blake Crouch's previous books, but Dark Matter was a completely different book. In a good way.

I don't want to say too much about the story, because finding out what was happening was in fact the best part of the story. I had no clue whatsoever when I started and therefor I was kept guessing for a while. It is important to keep your head with the book, because otherwise you will get lost in the maze that's been created.

I expected just another thriller, or maybe something like Abandon but I certainly wasn't prepared for this rollercoaster. It features some very interesting ideas in a new and engaging way that I appreciated a lot. In the middle there was a part where I was trying to fit everything together and see where it would go from there, but I couldn't have guessed the outcome.

Dark Matter is a very fast and engaging read that will make you think even about the smallest choices in life.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |

Blake Crouchprimary authorall editionscalculated
Berr, KlausTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I love Thursday nights.

Regrets and what-ifs /
Define a life the same /
As the choices made
(afr8488)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Blake Crouch's book Dark Matter was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,664,675 books! | Top bar: Always visible