Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Dark Matter (edition 2016)

by Blake Crouch

Tags:fiction, science fiction, thriller, 2016, 21st century, 2010s

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Good mystery
  lindamamak | Jul 21, 2017 |
It got kind of silly toward the end but I really enjoyed this book. It's a good introduction to the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics, and you don't even have to be a physicist to understand WTF that means. ( )
  benmcclanahan | Jul 17, 2017 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I went into it fairly blind and was pleasantly surprised. The science does get a bit hand-wavy, but it makes enough sense that it didn't make me cringe. The emotional focus - a man's journey to find his way back to his family - gets turned on its head nicely. I quite appreciated the ending. This isn't the deepest sci-fi I've ever read, but it does delve a bit into identity and what makes a given person unique. All in all, a very satisfying suspenseful piece of sci-fi for some light reading. ( )
  duchessjlh | Jul 16, 2017 |
Blake Crouch's Dark Matter is the most exciting, smart, and fast-paced thriller I have possibly ever read. ( )
  JaredOrlando | Jul 3, 2017 |
This book was a wonderful surprise! A friend of mine brought it to me at work - I had no idea what it was about, and I just trusted my friend's judgment that I would enjoy it as he had. And did I ever! I cracked it open and couldn't put it down! I love sci-fi in general, though sometimes certain books can be a bit difficult to get into. While there were the occasional science-y bits that were lost on me, it didn't take away from the story at all. I continued to push through and really enjoyed the story as a whole. Heck, if they made this a movie, I'd watch it!

A man who pondered "what if" finds himself face to face with... himself. Several different versions of himself, ultimately. He must best the alternate versions of himself in order to protect and be with the family he loves. It's a world of alternate universes with every possible vein his life could've gone down. But none of them feel quite as right as the one he came from.

So as not to give anything away, I will simply say that this book was extremely enjoyable to read. And it will quite possibly make you examine your own life choices. Excellent story. ( )
  jessicarabbit86 | Jun 17, 2017 |
I love Thursday nights.

Regrets and what-ifs /
Define a life the same /
As the choices made
(afr8488)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Blake Crouch's book Dark Matter is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Blake Crouch's book Dark Matter was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,080,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible