DARK STRANGER The Dream (The Children Of The…

DARK STRANGER The Dream (The Children Of The Gods) (Volume 1)

by I T Lucas

The concept for this book is very interesting. 'Gods' inhabit the earth: good ones that help humans and bad ones that start wars, plagues, etc. However, the good ones are dying out, unable to procreate unless they can wake a dormant strain of DNA to impregnate the women.
Kian is head of the North American gods. His sister, Amanda, is doing research to find the right DNA and thinks she has in her lab assistant, Syssi. The problem is that the bad guys will do anything to stop them.
Kian is a great alpha male character and I enjoyed his story except for his whining about whether or not he should match up with Syssi. I realize there needed to be some kind of conflict, but this was a bit ridiculous considering it meant the fate of their race. Syssi is sweet and of course, everyone is gorgeous.
It's really the idea behind this story that I found interesting and why I'll keep reading the series. It's been compared to Twilight and I think that's fair, but I like the legend and I want to learn more about that. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jul 25, 2016 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review, and as I never read this author before, I'm amazed that I was drawn into the story so fast! Book one begins as Syssi Spivak is having reoccurring dark dreams of being chanced by a dark presence, she is hired to work in a computer lab, is sweet and naive about life. She knows to trust her instincts and sees that Kian is dark and deadly but hasn't a clue why she's attracted to him and is too shy to let him know.

Kian has spent almost two thousand years with his vow to never fall in love with another mortal, and with his meddling sister trying to hook him up with another of her "finds" he has too much on his plate to run his clan business and their empire. Book one left me longing for more and I can't wait to read the rest! ( )
  Linda.Bass | Mar 17, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,765,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible