dismiss

Spiral and Torn (The Salzburg Saga Book 1…

Spiral and Torn (The Salzburg Saga Book 1 and 2) (edition 2015)

by D U Okonkwo (Author)

721,759,856 (3.75)None
Left to raise her three younger siblings at the tender age of seventeen, Nina Bishop is accustomed to solving problems. Now that she and two friends run their own law firm, she gets paid for solving other people's problems. And as a businesswoman, she can always smell a great opportunity. So when her biggest client, Parker Drayton, organizes a networking ski trip to Salzburg, Austria, she is the first to board the plane. There's only one drawback: Parker is bringing along his two notoriously difficult, grown-up sons, Justin and Hugh. Even before take-off the tension between Parker and his sons is palpable. But when an intoxicated Hugh causes their small jet to crash, plunging them all into unforgiving back country, the networking trip goes from tension-filled journey to living nightmare.… (more)
Member:BridgitDavis
Title:Spiral and Torn (The Salzburg Saga Book 1 and 2)
Authors:D U Okonkwo (Author)
Info:
Collections:Purged
Rating:***1/2

Spiral (The Salzburg Saga Book 1) (Volume 1) by D U Okonkwo

These two books had good pace and interesting interpersonal dynamics. The wring is good. ( )
  BridgitDavis | Mar 26, 2020 |
The three books in this Saga basically form one continuous story. You will want to read these books back to back because of that. There is no segue. The first story stops abruptly and the next one continues. The book Spiral is aptly named. A normal situation where three young lawyers take a corporate jet sponsored by their largest client to participate in a networking event goes all wrong very quickly once they get into the air.

The story is written from basically two points of view, that of Jake's, the pilot of the jet aircraft, and that of Nina, one of the lawyers in the group. As the situation on the jet becomes tense, we get introduced to all the characters as they interact with each other. Each person has a history which is revealed as the adventure continues and which keeps this event popping with intrigue and interest.

There are two major settings: on board the aircraft and on the ground in the mountains of Austria after the jet crashed. The story line keeps us focused on the effort to survive a horrible situation. And while they are just trying to survive, the situation just continues to spiral out of control, getting worse and worse as time lapses. By the end of this first tome, two of the party have died.

There is continuous action in this first book. The pace is rapid enough to keep you reading without being able to put the book down. The author writes an effective buildup to the tension among the group, since there are people to blame and people who are innocent bystanders. At first, it's unclear exactly who is who. That type of suspense propels the reader right into the next book.

The author is very effective in building suspense slowly and painfully. I just couldn't put this book down once I got started. I was immensely grateful that both books were in the same volume so that I could proceed to part 2 of the saga.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary review copy of this book from AXP Books on behalf of the author. I was not required to write a review, positive or otherwise. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  Beverlylynnt | Oct 24, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,751,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible