Still reeling from the death of Wulfgar, Drizzt is allowed little time to grieve, for dark elves are massing in the caverns deep under Mithral Hall. To protect his adopted home, he'll have to return to the city of his birth, the evil City of Spiders.

English (5)  Spanish (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (7)
Another fun instalment in the Drizzt series. I'm going to maintain that everyone in this series shares one collective braincell and that usually Guenhywvar has it. A lot of nice fights in the back half too - I love seeing Jarlaxle being more conniving and seeing enemies work together for a common cause.

Also, hooray for Catti-brie finally being more heroic now! Praying that she gets to continue being badass in the next one. ( )
  ashelocke | May 28, 2021 |
Considering that this book whatever" of the Drizzt series, I had some hopes that the writing would be a bit better.

It wasn't.

I am going to finish this "Legacy" sub-series of Drizzt, then I'll be done. It is sophomoric writing and I don't have time to waste on crap like this. Storyline might be great in terms of ideas, but the technical aspect of the writing just makes me want to hurl." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I was pretty disappointed with this reading of this book. It didn’t hold the luster and enthrallment that I have grown to expect from Drizzt novels, even in second and third readings. I was a little tired of the same old story of Drizzt learning from his mistakes by the end, and Catti-Brie being infallible. I also think the book hurt for the lack of Bruenor and Regis, who are often a bastion of comedy and lightness. ( )
1 vote rbtwinky | May 8, 2008 |
Still pretty good ( )
  coffeesucker | Jan 16, 2007 |
This isn't literature by any stretch, but I had a fantastic time with it. It was a real page-turner; an absorbing read that I enjoyed very much. There were some parts that were obviously just in there to recall things that had happened earlier in the series, but that didn't detract too much from the rest of the story. And, as always, the action bits were very good. ( )
  xicanti | Dec 8, 2006 |

R. A. Salvatoreprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And on the first day, Ed created the FORGOTTEN REALMS world and gave my imagination a place to live.

To Ed Greenwood, with all my thanks and admiration.
Drizzt ran his fingers over the intricate carvings of the panther statuette, its black onyx perfectly smooth and unmarred even in the ridged areas of the muscled neck.

I can find no answers in Mithril Hall....The apparent serenity of Drizzt Do'Urden, the brooding quiet, will show me nothing of the future designs of the drow. yet, for the sake of my friends, I must know those dark intentions. And so I fear that there remains only one place for me to look...

The Underdark. A place of brooding darkness, where no shadows exist, and where Drizzt Do'Urden does not wish to go. The noble dark elf must return there, though, must go back to find his friends in the gnome city of Blingdenstone, and on to Menzoberranzan, the city of drow. Only then can Drizzt discern what perils might reach out from that dark place to threaten his friends in Mithril Hall.

he finds allies where he least expects them and enemies he htough long gone. His scimitars slash at monsters too evil to reside under the sunlight of the surface world, while his inner strength wrestles with the tumult of emotions assaulting the noble drow when he looks once more on his dreaded homeland. All the while Drizzt must fend off the weight of guilt he carries for a dear friend lost to him forever.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,274,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible