DMZ Vol. 1: On the Ground by Brian Wood

DMZ Vol. 1: On the Ground (edition 2006)

by Brian Wood

Member:tritongrey
Title:DMZ Vol. 1: On the Ground
Authors:Brian Wood
Info:Vertigo (2006), Edition: illustrated edition, Paperback, 128 pages

DMZ, Volume 01: On the Ground by Brian Wood

I'm not sure about this series yet. The premise sounds good enough, but I'm not all that interested in the main characters so far. ( )
  jtodd1973 | Jan 23, 2015 |
I'm not sure what I expected with this one, but this certainly wasn't it! Much more interesting and varied than I had anticipated. The idea of a post-apocalyptic New York is nothing new, but how it's dealt with in this case is fascinating. Reminds me of how Y: The Last Man was before it devolved near the end. I'm definitely picking up the next one in this series. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Good start to the series, looking forward to more volumes. A little bit of war with a touch of Cory Doctorow-ish makers. ( )
  JonathanGorman | Apr 27, 2012 |
i am loving this series so far. the artwork is great and the story is engaging. can't wait to see where it goes from here. ( )
  shannonkearns | Dec 25, 2010 |
DMZ (de-militarised zone) is the story of America's "second civil war" - a violent split between the US governed states and the so-called 'free' states... slap-bang in the middle of which is the former Manhattan island. Trainee journalist Matty Roth finds himself stranded there - the only surviving reporter in the city. Does he try to get out to safety... or does he stay and try to get the story of those still living in the DMZ to the outside world? Well, there wouldn't be much of a book if he just buggered off, would there?

Read the full review at my blog. ( )
  rolhirst | Feb 20, 2009 |

Brian Woodprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Azzarello, BrianIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Burchielli, RiccardoIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...Today marks the fifth anniversary of the initial outbreak of hostilities between the United States of America and the so-called "Free States."

While the U.S. Army and National Guard are fighting overseas, an anti-establishment militia rises up and begins a second civil war.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,259,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible