A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

A Thousand Boy Kisses (edition 2016)

by Tillie Cole (Author)

One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime. One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe. When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation? Rune's heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come. A stand-alone young adult tearjerker romance, recommended for ages fourteen and up.… (more)
Member:book_tangled
Title:A Thousand Boy Kisses
Authors:Tillie Cole (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2016), 352 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Emotional, audiobook, romantic

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

Recently added byprivate library, Rennie80, book_tangled, Vais, NavyaaY, ksilver7, Jinxii, raegan13, lilleone

This read was definitely unexpected. To be truthful, I was going to rate it 3 stars but then the story continued and the ending happened and I just couldn't stop myself.

Man, I do not like crying. Really not, because it's an ugly cry where you need tissues for not only your eyes but your nose as well.

When I read the blurb I wasn't sure why people called it an emotional read but man, it will "ruin" you. (By Crying) Literally, since Ruin is the main lead's name. As one can see I like these silly jokes and stuff, so this read was totally out of my comfort zone.

I have never cried this much while reading a book, I mean at least 60% of the book. I have seen people not liking the ending but I completely loved it, it is just so in-depth and makes you think.

The story isn't in that depth and just mainly focuses on the lead pair but that's okay, I mean it was fulfilling. If anything, I wanted a little more of the family in it but overall, the story would be in my mind for a long time.

I have to disclaimer that I have not read any other type of these tear-jerking read, not even the popular ones, So the rating could not be compared with the others in this genre. ( )
  book_tangled | Sep 14, 2021 |
Wow what a book this was. I don't think I have ever cried this much reading a book. It was a really beautiful story. ( )
  StephanieVee888 | Dec 18, 2020 |
Perfection

I’m writing this review through my blurry, tear filled eyes. I read a lot of books and very few have affected me as this one did. A perfectly beautiful story of heartbreak and true love. ( )
  Jenx9000 | May 9, 2020 |
Rune and Poppy have been in love since they were children but when they are young teens, Rune's family moves away and they are separated by distance and then by Poppy's silence. And then they are miraculously reunited but there is a big secret. I liked Poppy well enough - she's sweet and loves her grandma and she is full of faith and love. Rune is kind of a jerk. He's possessive and lacking in faith and angry and unappreciative. I had a hard time understanding what Poppy saw in him, which made me like her less. Maybe this kind of "soul mate" love exists somewhere ... but really it just felt so unrealistic and silly. Even Poppy dealing with the serious things she does didn't redeem the story, although it did give Rune a growth arc to go through - but it was the cliche arc one would expect. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Jun 17, 2019 |
I always loved YA romances

What I liked most about this book - the friendships growing from a very young age

I highly recommend this to all the YA lovers

Worth more than 5 stars

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,407,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible