Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 &…

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2, Special Rehearsal Edition… (edition 2016)

by J. K. Rowling (Author)

6,812365859 (3.59)2 / 139
Member:nohrt4me2
Title:Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2, Special Rehearsal Edition Script
Authors:J. K. Rowling (Author)
Info:Arthur A. Levine Books (2016), Edition: Special Rehearsal ed., 320 pages

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling

English (352)  German (4)  Spanish (2)  French (2)  Catalan (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (364)
Just like any other Harry Potter fan, I read this book in a day. Loved the story, loved how it's all twisted with the previous parts and even though it doesn't contain all the mysteries and spells and magical moments, it has a lot to offer, like a deeply explained love between a father and a son, or a bravery and unsettled kid.. Lovely book! ( )
  InnahLovesYou | Apr 18, 2019 |
Pretty lame and disappointing. This was really unnecessary and clearly a bit of a money grab. I am a bit confused by the want/need that some Harry Potter fans feel with regards to Rowling adding more to the cannon. Enough is enough. It's pretty clear based on this drivel that it's time for everyone to stop and be happy with the original seven books. I for one, will not read any more Harry Potter books after this. I knew I probably should read it but of course I was curious. And now disappointed. ( )
  kemilyh1988 | Apr 12, 2019 |
I actually enjoyed it a lot. I didn't think I would just because it was written as a play, but I think it just helped me visualize things more. ( )
  EBassett | Mar 20, 2019 |
Loved it. With all the negative reviews, I was a little worried I wouldn't like it. This is a completely different animal from the books, but it was still funny, entertaining, had plenty of plot twists, and was still quintessentially Harry Potter. I can't even imagine how amazing the full stage production must be!

If you're not a fan of theater, I could see this read being more of a challenge, because I definitely found myself having to use my imagination more than I ever did with the books. But I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It was redemptive, hopeful, and focused on friendship as Harry Potter always is. Definitely a must-read! ( )
  melissa_faith | Mar 16, 2019 |
Why do I keep doing this to myself? ( )
  doryfish | Mar 6, 2019 |

Ménard, Jean-FrançoisTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
[None]
To Jack Thorne
who entered my world
and did beautiful things there.
--J.K. Rowling
For Joe, Louis, Max, Sonny, and Merle...wizards all...
--John Tiffany
To Elliot
As we rehearsed, he gurgled.
--Jack Thorne
A busy and crowded station, full of people trying to go somewhere. Amongst the hustle and bustle, two large cages rattle on top of two laden trolleys.

As an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and a father, Harry Potter struggles with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs while his youngest son, Albus, finds the weight of the family legacy difficult to bear.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,118,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible