Strawberry Cream Cupcake & Murder (A Dana Sweet Cozy Mystery Book 1)

by Ann S. Marie

Series: Dana Sweet Cozy Mystery (book 1)

201886,340 (1.63)None

A downloaded freebie I thought might find me a new series and be a light, quick, frothy little cozy mystery. At time of writing this review, the kindle edition was still free.

Which it was. Very sweet. Yes, very, very, very sweet. Even when our sweet heroine thought she found the killer and confronted she would tell them how much she understood them yet was "disappointed" in them.

It was a decent read with enough to keep me turning the pages -- but overall I think too sweet for me. I'm not the biggest mystery fan so someone more into cozy mysteries might have a different opinion.

I also did not get a sense of the small town Canadian setting other than it said she moved from NYC to a small Canadian town (residents would say things like "honey child" where the town sounded more like deep south USA). ( )
1 vote Spurts | Jul 24, 2018 |
This was nice start to what promises to be a decent series. The residents in Berry Cove are colorful and quirky. Dana is immediately likable and her eccentric family provides plenty of entertainment. We even have a watch cat, keeping tabs on his mistress and keeping her out of trouble. It does seem like every other Cozy has a cupcake theme, however this is a unique enough idea that it shows great potential.

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,646,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible