Beyond the Horizon (Beyond Saga Book 2) by…

Beyond the Horizon (Beyond Saga Book 2)

by Greg Spry

I must say that this book was interesting to me and appealing. The story flowed nicely and was very different from what I expected. Soon I was absorbed in the exciting adventure. Ensigna Maya Davis is a very interesting character who risk her life to save the crew aboard New Horizons. With sabotage, enemy forces, and mystery, the New Horizons vessel would make anyone want to be a little closer to home. A very interesting story. ( )
  lilbooks22 | Jan 23, 2017 |
This book is unique in its' own element, and a great read - I was amazed from the beginning till the end. I know I have started reading the Beyond Saga in the wrong order, as I started reading Book 2 before Book 1, but as mentioned by the author, Book 2 can be read as a standalone - which is true, as I didn't feel lost or confused by what's happening in the book.

To start off, I love the sci-fi theme going on in this book, I was amazed by the overall story plot and the attention to detail to keep the flow of the story. The characters were well-written and well-developed, and I find them to be very engaging - especially the two main female leads (Maya and her aunt, Brooke). This book explored various topics: family relationships, politics, aliens, time-travel and conspiracy, etc. - just to name a few. It's packed with a whole lot of action that you have to love, and will keep you engaged throughout. Overall, I found this book to be very enjoyable with it's ending being perfectly presented in a way that leaves the reader content, while also allowing them to look forward to what's to come in the upcoming books of the Saga.

This book definitely deserves the high rating, and I recommend this book to all those who are looking for a new sci-fi adventure to discover - you definitely won't be disappointed. Looking forward to start reading Book 1: Beyond Cloud Nine, and awaiting for the release of Book 3: Beyond Yesterday - and many more parts of Saga to come!

Also, wanted to add that I love the cover art, it's amazing - the details shown to the colours used (the reds in particular) plus the layout with the text is clean and simple in a way :)

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book (e-book version) from the author in exchange for an honest review, and the author was kind enough to send both Book 1 and Book 2. ( )
  aprilmaymay44 | Oct 20, 2016 |

aprilmaymay44 | Oct 20, 2016 |

Ensign Maya Davis has had her sights set on the captaincy of a starship since she launched her first toy rocket into Earth orbit at age four. But not long after she departs the solar system aboard humankind's first interstellar vessel, New Horizons, sabotage cripples the ship, killing a third of the crew and stranding the expedition light years from home under the siege of hostile forces. Without knowing who she can trust, Maya must risk her life to get the crew home and prevent the genocide of the very exospecies Horizons set out to contact.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 01 Mar 2016 17:11:01 -0500)

Greg Spry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,407,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible