Trump: The Art of the Deal by Donald J.…

Trump: The Art of the Deal (original 1987; edition 2004)

by Donald J. Trump, Tony Schwartz

9932415,665 (3.39)1 / 39
President Donald J. Trump lays out his professional and personal worldview in this classic work--a firsthand account of the rise of America's foremost deal-maker. "I like thinking big. I always have. To me it's very simple: If you're going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big."--Donald J. Trump Here is Trump in action--how he runs his organization and how he runs his life--as he meets the people he needs to meet, chats with family and friends, clashes with enemies, and challenges conventional thinking. But even a maverick plays by rules, and Trump has formulated time-tested guidelines for success. He isolates the common elements in his greatest accomplishments; he shatters myths; he names names, spells out the zeros, and fully reveals the deal-maker's art. And throughout, Trump talks--really talks--about how he does it. Trump: The Art of the Deal is an unguarded look at the mind of a brilliant entrepreneur--the ultimate read for anyone interested in the man behind the spotlight. Praise for Trump: The Art of the Deal "Trump makes one believe for a moment in the American dream again."--The New York Times "Donald Trump is a deal maker. He is a deal maker the way lions are carnivores and water is wet."--Chicago Tribune   "Fascinating . . . wholly absorbing . . . conveys Trump's larger-than-life demeanor so vibrantly that the reader's attention is instantly and fully claimed."--Boston Herald   "A chatty, generous, chutzpa-filled autobiography."--New York Post… (more)
Member:RonShore
Title:Trump: The Art of the Deal
Authors:Donald J. Trump
Other authors:Tony Schwartz
Info:Ballantine Books (2004), Edition: 1ST, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****

Trump: The Art of the Deal by Donald J. Trump (Author) (1987)

English (23)  French (1)  All languages (24)
Look, Donald Trump on Donald Trump was never going to get a rave review from me. We all know this. But my gosh, this was probably one of the deadliest dull books I have ever read in my entire life. It's predictably boring in a way that defies even Fifty Shades of Grey to out-beige. I bet Trump thinks this is The Art of War for aspiring yuppies like Patrick Bateman, but it's really Mein Kampf for lazy, entitled trust fund babies.

The good news is that I have *plenty* of material on Trump as yuppie icon for the article on which I'm working. ( )
  DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |
I commend the ghostwriter. ( )
  hatingongodot | May 3, 2020 |
Schwartz, Tony (Contributor)
  LOM-Lausanne | Apr 30, 2020 |
Summary:

The Art of the Deal is a book about Trump's experience as a business man. It starts off with an average week in the life of Trump. Trump then talks about his childhood and family. Biggie T moves on to his work in Brooklyn and move to Manhattan. The Donald talks about some of his projects like developing the Grand Hotel and Trump Tower. He also talks about various other projects that he worked on during that time. Orange Man then talks about his experience renovating the Wollman Rink, a public ice rink in Manhattan. Trump ends the book book with a recount of how the projects he did turned out.

Thoughts:

This book was definitely a book that exists. I got much more ironic value out of this than anything. If this was a review on how funny I thought this was, it would be a 5/5. I just get kick from all the little things of this book, as it is unlike any biography I have ever read. The smallest things like how the font size is so unnecessarily large and the thickness of the text were what made me enjoy this book the most. The absolute casualness of Trump's writing is what really gets me. The hilarity of this book does wear off after a while when the entire joke of "haha funny orange man makes book" gets old. If anyone just wants to read a biography that isn't too serious and want to have a few chuckles at it, I'd definitely go for Art of the Deal. ( )
  LDowningELA.4 | Mar 25, 2020 |
I want to understand Donald Trump better, so I thought I should read his first book, written before he was a national figure. Although it's written with many anecdotes that presumably you can use in your own life, it's more of an autobiography and less of a 'how-to' book. Disappointingly, it wasn't until after reading it that I realized it has a co-author, and I suspect that Trump himself merely approved the final copy without truly taking the time for reflection and introspection that a good autobiography requires. ( )
  richardSprague | Mar 22, 2020 |

Trump, Donald J.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schwartz, TonyAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,210,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible