Saga Volume 6 [English] by Brian K Vaughan

Saga Volume 6 [English] (edition 2016)

by Brian K Vaughan (Auteur)

Series: Saga (collects 31-36)

After a dramatic time jump, Hazel begins the most exciting adventure of her life: kindergarten. Meanwhile, her starcrossed family learns hard lessons of their own.
Member:lucipurrr
Title:Saga Volume 6 [English]
Authors:Brian K Vaughan (Auteur)
Info:Image Comics (2016), Edition: 01, 152 pages
Collections:Not Mango but Pretty Pictures, Your library

Work Information

Saga Volume 6 by Brian K. Vaughan

English (51)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (53)
In this latest volume of Saga, time has jumped ahead since the last volume. Marko and Alana continue hunting for Hazel and Karla, who are in a Coalition detention center where they've made a life for themselves. Hazel is in kindergarten and has an ally in her teacher. Karla has befriended the other inmates and is teaching them about the words of D. Oswald Heist.

Old friends, enemies, and frenemies return and that ending OH MY GOD.

This title does not disappoint, and I am eagerly looking forward to the next adventures of this ragtag family. Also, I am sad that we have left Karla behind. I hope we see her again -- of course we'll see her again. This is Saga where even the dead come back in Heroine delusions! ( )
  wisemetis | Sep 14, 2022 |
Amazing, as usual, for the Vaughan & Staples team! I love the little nuggets of modern trends thrown in the tale. Got a kick out of seeing a guard filling in a coloring page! Vaughan and Staples are probably my most favorite duo in comics. The narration and the interpretation of art is damn near poetry. I'm happy to say that at Volume 6, they are not slowing down, they are not worsening. Saga only gets better with every release. ( )
  Velvet-Moonlight | Aug 1, 2022 |
Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples’ Saga: Volume Six collects issues 31–36 of their groundbreaking space opera. The story focuses on Alana and Marko working to find their daughter, Hazel, who is currently in a prison camp with her grandmother. As a child, she goes to class where a teacher balances her genuine desire to help her students with the camp’s political goals of indoctrinating the kids to Landfall’s ideology. The issues in this volume feel more like a bridge to other events, though they do help to move individual characters’ stories along and show more of the inner workings of the Landfall Coalition. Enjoyable for those who have been following the series to date. ( )
  DarthDeverell | May 8, 2022 |
Saga continues to be a wild ride, that picks me up and slaps me around, plot-wise. Still really enjoying the art, still fascinated to see what happens next. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
The basic story of Saga is one that we've seen many times. Sworn enemies falling in love. Parents doing anything to find their child. Criminals on the run. That sort of thing. There's nothing new here.

But the locations, the characters, the inventiveness of the various races (full credit to artist Fiona Staples, who consistently and constantly kicks ass) is one of the things that keeps bringing me back.

Another is the excellent dialogue and relationships Vaughan weaves.

Yet another is the willingness to find any standard comic line, then go beyond it.

Such a great series. ( )
  TobinElliott | Sep 3, 2021 |

Vaughan, Brian K.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, Fionamain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is a picture of my house after the wings put a bomb on it and my little brother got dead.
anyone who thinks one book has all the answers hasn't read enough books

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,180,869 books! | Top bar: Always visible