Sting by Sandra Brown

Authors:Sandra Brown (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2017), 480 pages
Collections:Did not finish, Audio Book from Library, Fiction

Sting by Sandra Brown

Recently added byReneePope, private library, aczkh, Tricialenht, wehoospi

Sandra Brown has done it again. She has wrote another roller coaster ride of a mystery that keeps you guessing right to the end. With touches of romance which I've come to love in her books makes this book a must read. Jordie is trying to save his brother. Shaw is a hired hitman who is having trouble with his most recent hit. These two throw more curveballs at you than a 9 inning game. I didn't want to put this book down. I'm easily reminded why she's been a favorite author of mine for years. Many thanks to Netgalley, Sandra Brown, and Grand Central Publishing for a chance to read and review this book. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
This one just didn't do much for me. I was really intrigued when the book started but as it went on, I slowly lost interest. There really was only one twist that I didn't see coming and that happened a little over midway through the book. Was it a good suspense/thriller? Sure, but it felt run of the mill. ( )
  pennma05 | Jan 29, 2018 |
This is a book that I needed to take a couple of days to ponder about before I wrote the review so that I could clarify why it just didn't work for me. Sting is the second Sandra Brown book I have read in my life, actually, this is the first book I managed to finish. I read one last year or tried, but I could not finish it. And, that's because the plot was so infuriating and I just couldn't stand the characters. This book was better, marginally. Well, I did manage to finish it at least and it seemed promising in the beginning and it was not bad during the first 100 pages or so when the reader was left in the dark about much of what was going on.

Then everything just went south. I had a feeling that this book would turn out to be a Stockholm syndrome kind of book, but I felt that Sandra Brown took the easy way, instead of making the story dark and twisted. It's hard to write about this the books (first) real BIG twist without revealing too much. Just let me say that Brown took the easy road and made everything less complicated and suddenly what was promising turns out to be a story perfect for a Hallmark movie instead!

And, after that, I had a pretty hard time enjoying the book. I felt like I was reading a Nora Roberts book and if you know me, then you know what's not a good comparison. Like with Roberts book's, this one started off good then suddenly the suspense turns into romance, and the plot goes on and on again until the HEA ending. Of course, at the ending Sandra Brown throws in another twist, but by then nothing really could save the book for me. Especially since I have already gotten sick and tired of the main characters that were very flat.

So, if the plot had stayed on track, and turned dark and twisted and if the characters had not turned out to be uninteresting and flat, then I might have enjoyed the book.

I want to thank Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

Read this review and others on A Bookaholic Swede ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Sandra Brown jolts the reader from the first page of this heart-pounding story of corruption, treachery, and ceaseless deception . . . where nothing is what it seems and every truth brought to light exposes a darker lie.

Miles away from civilization and surrounded by swampland, the two play each other against their common enemies. Jordie's only chance of survival is to outwit Shaw, but it soon becomes clear to Shaw that Jordie isn't entirely trustworthy, either. Was she in on her brother's scam, or is she an innocent pawn in a deadly vendetta? And just how valuable is her life to Shaw, her remorseless and manipulative captor? Burning for answers-and for each other-this unlikely pair ultimately make a desperate move that could be their last.

With nonstop plot twists and the tantalizing sexual tension that has made Sandra Brown one of the world's best-loved authors, STING will keep readers on the edge of their seats until the final pages. ( )
  treehousereader | Aug 17, 2017 |
Sting has a decent amount of mystery and suspense. You aren't quite sure who's doing what and who's the good/bad guys through most of it. Also, it feels as if someone could die at any given moment. There's also some sexual tension and just regular strain between most of cast over who is going to be the one in charge. Romantic Suspense is an awesome genre for me. I liked this book and will check out more from this author. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Three days earlier, Shaw had been sunning himself beside a sapphire-blue swimming pool, watching two topless girls cavort in the shallow end, catching a buzz from a tall, pastel drink from which a hibiscus blossom sprouted, enjoying the hedonistic lifestyle that could be bought with new money in Old Mexico.

When Jordie Bennet and Shaw Kinnard lock eyes across a disreputable backwater bar, something definitely sparks. Shaw gives off a dangerous vibe that makes men wary and inspires women to sit up and take notice. None feel that undercurrent more strongly than savvy businesswoman Jordie, who doesn't belong in a seedy dive on the banks of a bayou. But here she is . . . and Shaw Kinnard is here to kill her. As Shaw and his partner take aim, Jordie is certain her time has come. But Shaw has other plans and abducts Jordie, hoping to get his hands on the $30 million her brother has stolen and, presumably, hidden. However, Shaw is not the only one looking for the fortune. Her brother's ruthless boss and the FBI are after it as well. Now on the run from the feds and a notorious criminal, Jordie and Shaw must rely on their wits-and each other-to stay alive.… (more)

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,505,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible