The Marriage of Mary Russell: A short story…

The Marriage of Mary Russell: A short story featuring Mary Russell and… (edition 2016)

by Laurie R. King (Author)

Title:The Marriage of Mary Russell: A short story featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Kindle Single)
Authors:Laurie R. King (Author)
Info:Bantam (2016), 56 pages
Tags:Fiction, Mystery, Short Story, WLS, RBU

The Marriage of Mary Russell by Laurie R. King

Interesting eventful and appropriate. ( )
  jamespurcell | Mar 13, 2018 |
Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes got married at the end of A Monstrous Regiment of Women. Not much detail is given to the act. More a statement that they did get married.

This little novella tells the story how it all happened. And, it's a glorious story, with both humor, seriousness and a trigger-happy cousin. Say what? You just have to read the story to find out! ;)

On a side note, I have read The Murder of Mary Russell and there are parts that brought a smile to my face thanks to the knowledge of the story in the book.

I hope you will enjoy this short novella as much as I did!
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
Cute, but adds nothing to the relationship we didn't already know. ( )
  Lindoula | Sep 25, 2017 |
This short story was released before The Murder of Mary Russell, which it is loosely-connected to, but is set just after A Monstrous Regiment of Women.

It's a pretty straightforward story but I liked it. If it didn't involve Holmes and Russell, I would describe the story as "cute" - cute isn't the right word for those two. ( )
  Herenya | Jan 18, 2017 |
[bc:The Marriage of Mary Russell|28173651|The Marriage of Mary Russell (Mary Russell, #13.5)|Laurie R. King|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1449847337s/28173651.jpg|48191686]
The Marriage of Mary Russell - Laurie King
4 stars

I’ve always known that this marriage took place, somewhere between the second book, [b:A Monstrous Regiment of Women|104737|A Monstrous Regiment of Women (Mary Russell, #2)|Laurie R. King|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1334169424s/104737.jpg|1039296] and the third, [b:A Letter of Mary|93938|A Letter of Mary (Mary Russell, #3)|Laurie R. King|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1361088589s/93938.jpg|1799638]. It’s difficult to imagine; a marriage between Sherlock Holmes and the bluestocking, much younger, Mary Russell. But I thought about it. What kind of wedding could it have been? Laurie King has managed make this unlikely partnership work through 14 entertaining books. But, I thought maybe the actual marriage ceremony was too much for even her writing talents.
Apparently not. This was the perfect gap filler. Holmes and Russell, perfectly in character, with cameo appearances of all the best supporting characters. And there’s a hint, just a little hint, of the further character developments in the next full novel, [b:The Murder of Mary Russell|25177005|The Murder of Mary Russell (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes, #14)|Laurie R. King|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1441369046s/25177005.jpg|44883206].
  msjudy | May 30, 2016 |
Marriage is contract, a formal acknowledgement that tow individuals—and their families—are legally bound together.

When Mary Russell and her long-time mentor Sherlock Holmes decide to marry in early 1921, it’s a practical decision, merely an extension of their partnership—right? No romantic nonsense for these two. Only, this simple arrangement soon begins to go sideways, and....

Laurie R. King is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,200,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible