Dirty Pleasures (The Dirty Billionaire…

Dirty Pleasures (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy, #2)

by Meghan March

The second installment in the Dirty Billionaire trilogy, Dirty Pleasures is a darkly titillating mix of obsession and secrets. This story picks up right where Dirty Billionaire left off. We learn more about Holly. At the end of Dirty Billionaire I did not have a high opinion of Creighton. I still find him arrogant and off putting, but there is something about him that draws you in and keeps you coming back. The puzzle that is Holly is slowly coming into focus and is not painting a pretty picture. Meghan March has brought to life a guilty pleasure full of surprises. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I knew I would get hot and sexy but I didn't expect to get sweet and romantic. This is a great quick read. ( )
  Hanneri | Oct 7, 2018 |
Dirty Pleasures by Meghan March
#2 Dirty Billionaire Trilogy
Audio narrated by Elena Wolfe & Sebastian York (excellent)
3-1/2*

I snagged this audio from the library not realizing it was the middle book of a trilogy, so I was a little lost regarding why this couple was already married but didn't really know or love each other. From the bits and pieces I picked up, it appears they had a one-night stand then the heroine took off the next morning. The hero (a well-known businessman/billionaire) was intrigued and took to social media (possibly?) to track her down. They made some arrangement (for purposes I still don't understand but had something to do with saving her music career) and married shortly thereafter.

This installment starts with Holly Wix, an upcoming country music singer who had recently won a music contest (probably similar to American Idol or Nashville Star), leaving a goodbye note for her new husband, billionaire Creighton Karas, after he stood her up. She hops on her tour bus and leaves town without any further adieu. He goes to some effort to chase after her, then proceeds to take control over her life (without her permission), i.e. hiring a security detail and working to get her out of a music contract which was totally taking advantage of her.

Their chemistry is off the charts and initially is the only way the two of them know how to connect or communicate with each other. He starts to show vulnerability about how he feels about her, but she is the only one who cannot see it. She knows she is truly falling for him but is too afraid to show it. They are starting to let down their guard with each other when she is blindsided by something from his past, ending this installment on a cliffhanger.

The characters were actually well developed and the plot line grabbed me right away. This was enjoyable and I will pick up the other installments of this story. I would definitely recommend that they are read in order, however, especially considering these are shorter stories in a serial. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Dec 3, 2017 |
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: I did it. I married a billionaire.
My reasons are my own, but the last thing I expected was to feel owned.
I may have taken vows, but I’m still determined to be me.
Now his rules are taking over my world, but I’m not the kind of girl to just obey.
There’s only one problem: I might actually be falling for him…
I have no idea how this marriage is going to go, but holding onto a piece of myself while succumbing to his dirty pleasures is shaping up to be the ride of a lifetime. ( )
  treehousereader | May 23, 2016 |
Dirty Pleasures picks up where [b:Dirty Billionaire|23295136|Dirty Billionaire (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy, #1)|Meghan March|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1444872807s/23295136.jpg|42851768] left off. When Creighton does show by the designated time that Holly needed to leave for Nashville, she takes off leaving nothing but a note saying "Goodbye Creighton." The story picks up with Holly flying coach back to Nashville and the tabloids speculating on marriage trouble in paradise.

So we all know that Crey has messed up and is going to have to chase after her to do some groveling. I was okay with that. I would have been ticked off that he forgot about me too - especially if I made it clear that something was very important to me. After the whirlwind of the first book where things were just getting going, I was looking forward to further character development in this book. I really wanted to know more about Creighton and wanted to get in his head and learn all his dark and dirty secrets. He no longer came off as a shallow douche in this book. He was more attentive to Holly and was chasing her around the tour doing things for her. As nice as that was, I am still waiting to fall in love with Crey. I don't know anything about his business or his past or his family. What's up with his uncle? Did this Annika bitch break him? I wanna know him! I hope we can get into his head and heart in the final installment, [b:Dirty Together|27207328|Dirty Together (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy, #3)|Meghan March|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1444872169s/27207328.jpg|47248381].

In my review of Dirty Billionaire, I thought the meat of the story would be happening in this book. This one was actually a quicker read and while there was less sex, I didn't feel like there was more substance. It seemed like we got the surface of the story, but not a lot of the deeper details I was hoping for. I would have been interested to read the conversation between Holly and her mom. I think that would have been an opportunity to hook me back into her character emotionally, but it faded to black.

I knew Holly was a runner after Dirty Billionaire, and I understood her reasons. After the fist book, I was on Team Holly more than Team Crey. However, I was hoping that her flight instincts would have deserted her once Crey came groveling. He showed up and did all the right things in this book... but Holly is still a runner. I didn't understand her panic or insecurities. So now I am firmly on Team Crey, and Holly will have to do a lot to redeem herself in Dirty Together.

I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 3 stars / 5 flames. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |

I did it. I married a billionaire.

My reasons are my own, but the last thing I expected was to feel owned.

I may have taken vows, but I’m still determined to be me.

There’s only one problem: I might actually be falling for him…

Dirty Pleasures is the second book in The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy.

I did it. I married a billionaire. My reasons are my own, but the last thing I expected was to feel owned. I may have taken vows, but I'm still determined to be me. Now his rules are taking over my world, but I'm not the kind of girl to just obey. There's only one problem: I might actually be falling for him ... I have no idea how this marriage is going to go, but holding onto a piece of myself while succumbing to his dirty pleasures is shaping up to be the ride of a lifetime.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,441,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible