Bootycall (Bootycall, #1)

by J. D. Hawkins

371545,623 (5)None

Yes, there's an app for that. A hot, swaggering Irish celebrity that's a pain in the ass to work with meets a rebound girl for a one night of 'pancakes'. Steamy scenes abound. Wake up the next morning to learn the only job you are good enough for comes with a babysitter. One very familiar babysitter. Meet Dylan and Gemma. The rest is up to you to learn by picking up the book.

"Yeah...Well, I spend a lot of time looking for my soul."

That line right there. That line is what I love about J.D. Hawkins writing. His male leads are easy on the eyes with wit to match. But, always, there is a subtle hint of vulnerability that draws you in, wanting to learn more about such a cocky dude. And his female leads. Hallelujah! Never a whiny, angsty doormat here. His females may have their own touches of insecurity but never annoying. Now, this is book one. Book two is set to release August 5th. Why do I offer this tidbit? J.D. Hawkins has no problem with making sure that you know book one ends on a cliffhanger. Not any old cliffhanger, but the kind that makes you say, "Oh, that did not just happen...again."

I recommend this book to anyone that loves feisty characters that will unfold and show you the 'real' them over the arc of the story. You'll laugh and giggle at the antics, shake your head at the shenanigans, and root for the girl to kick his ass. After you've given it a read, tell J.D. how much you loved it over at his Facebook page - https://goo.gl/AijDxN . He's a great up and coming indie author that needs to keep up with this writing gig. Also, he is writing a petition to allow selfie sticks at Disneyland again. (Ask him about it. He is passionate about selfie stick rights.)

karenhulseman | Dec 3, 2019 |

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,524,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible