The Hooker and the Hermit by L. H. Cosway

The Hooker and the Hermit (edition 2015)

by L. H. Cosway (Author)

Series: Rugby (1)

Annie Catrel, social media expert extraordinaire at Davidson & Croft Media and clandestine celebrity blogger, can make anyone shine in the court of public opinion. She is the Socialmedialite, anonymous creator of New York's Finest and the internet's darling. Virtual reality is Annie's forte, but actual reality? Not so much. Ronan Fitzpatrick, AKA the best hooker the world of rugby has seen in decades, despises the media-social or otherwise. The press has spun a web of lies depicting him as rugby's wild and reckless bad boy. Suspended from his team, Ronan has come to Manhattan to escape the drama.When Ronan is sent to Davidson & Croft Media to reshape his public image, he never expects to cross paths with shy but beautiful Annie, nor does he expect his fierce attraction to her. What lengths will Annie take to keep her virtual identity concealed? And what happens when Ronan discovers who she really is? Contains mature themes.… (more)
Member:jenniferlhewitt
Title:The Hooker and the Hermit
Authors:L. H. Cosway (Author)
Info:Cipher-Naught (2015), 338 pages

Work Information

The Hooker and the Hermit by L. H. Cosway

A romance book about Irish rugby - what could be more interesting? It helps that one of the co-authors is Penny Reid (I'm not sure I've read anything else by Ms. Cosway, but I like what I read here).
Annie is a social marketing genius who is also painfully shy. She works at home, only letting her real personality shine when she writes her anonymous blog. Ronan is one of the best Irish hookers (I learned a lot about rugby here) but a social disgrace because of his antics off the field. Annie's boss has ulterior motives when she pairs the two up to rehabilitate Ronan's image.
It's a fun book and a quick read. Annie and Ronan are actually pretty sweet together, even after he discovers she's behind the blog that's been tweaking him since his arrival in New York City. He brings her out of her shell and she soothes his rough edges. A good read. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jan 24, 2021 |
This is an amazing story. Ronan has a tough exterior but a heart of gold and he is so protective of those he loves it's amazing. Annie is a sweetheart but socially awkward. It's a !modern tale including blogs, emailing and tweets. Very up to date. Very heartfelt. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
This book would have been way better if the first 15% hadn't happened. But it did. And because of that I really didn't like the male lead. Also, the funny seemed to disappear, so while there were some good things about it (hence two stars instead of one). I got about 75% through and found I didn't care. At all. So what if these people get together? Meh. I will be very hesitant to read any more of these books.
  expatb | Jun 8, 2020 |
The Hooker and the Hermit was such a fun read. It's sweet, sexy and full of humor.

Annie Catrel is a hermit. She's a social media guru who specializes in transforming the reputations of the rich and famous - all from the safety of her computer. She’s also secretly a famous blogger known as the The Socialmedialite and the creator of the blog New York’s Finest. One day she sees a Colin Farrell lookalike wearing a ridiculous outfit that she deems perfect for her Saturday post.
Ronan Fitzpatrick is a hooker - the rugby equivalent of a quarterback - and the best one the world has seen in decades. Due to recent events he’s been labeled as a bad boy and has come to New York to lay low for a bit. By this point he’s sick of the media and doesn’t react well to the blog post on New York’s Finest. When his PR agent arranges for him to work with Davidson & Croft Media to recreate his image, he’s not a happy camper. Not until he sees Annie that is.
Annie wants to keep things professional between them - for more reasons than one - but Ronan proves to be a hard man to resist.

Ronan and Annie are both wonderful characters. Ronan is definitely swoon worthy. He may be a dirty talking flirt but he's also incredibly honest, loyal and protective of those he cares about.
Annie, despite her online persona is an introvert who dislikes being the center of attention and I could completely relate to her social awkwardness.

This was a great collaboration and I'm looking forward to reading The Player and the Pixie! ( )
  maebri | Mar 10, 2020 |
The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway and Penny Reid (Audio Edition)
Narrated by: Lucy Rivers and George Allen
Series: Rugby #1

4.5 Stars - This book had me laughing during the short audio sample I listened to, which was the reason I purchased it. I was not disappointed! Annie was a witty blogger who wasn’t a fan of going outside of her comfort zone. I really liked how Ronan pushed her out of her boundaries a bit. Ronan in turn was definitely more of the aggressor and barring his constant desire to “tie her up and take her from behind” I really liked his character. I felt their chemistry increase as their relationship grew and I saw growth in both Annie and Ronan, some from their own experiences and some as a result of being together. I loved that he wanted to come to Canada and “get lost in our mountains”. Loved the emails back and forth between the SocialMediaLite and Ronan. They totally had me cracking up! And lastly, I loved that I felt the passion between these two, whether they were bickering or flirting.

There was only one downfall for me… I am not a big fan of the whole bondage/dominance scene. This book wasn’t too bad with it, as there was only like 2 short scenes.. (other than the aforementioned thoughts from Ronan) and he wasn’t out to hurt her so, that was a plus... but there was one part that Ronan was getting Annie all worked up.. then he realizes he had no protection… so instead of just doing other things that do not involve actual sex.. Or even had the author just not wrote that he forgotten protection - leaving the reader to assume whatever they wanted.. Ronan tells Annie he doesn’t have any protection, notices her concern and responds with “What? Don’t you trust me?” wtf??…. Ah… NO! This is their first time together.. Why would you even ask that! I mean, come on!!! This really bugged me, and made me lose a bit of respect for Ronan.

Other than that though, the book was quite enjoyable, I loved the accents the narrators used. It just added that perfect touch. I haven’t read these authors before but I would be happy to read more from them!

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |

Cosway, L. H.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reid, Pennymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Allen, GeorgeReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Rugby (1)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,920,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible