HomeGroupsTalkExplore

My Father, My President: A Personal Account of the Life of George H. W.…

by Doro Bush Koch

'My Father, My President' takes a fascinating look at the life of former United States President George Bush. The book, written by his only daughter, Doro Bush Koch, is filled with personal stories, family memories and never-before-seen photos.

Doro Bush, if you hadn't realized, is the late President George H.W. Bush's only surviving daughter. One cannot accuse her of embellishing her father's tenure as the 41st incumbent President of the USA given that his one-term administration neither incited controversy nor even any significant conflicts. The main purpose behind this book then, as Doro reveals, is to give an insight into H.W. Bush's life given that the man judiciously kept a low profile post-politics.

So who really is George Bush Snr, the man who galvanized George Bush Jnr into action? A Naval war pilot in WWII who survived being shot down while successfully completing his mission; a maverick and highly sought=after entrepreneur and an astute politician. While impartiality is never a byword in memoirs written by family members, My Father, My President is an insightful look into the Bush family fortunes through the eyes of its two famous patriarchs and the family members accompanying them through their political up's and down's. This is not a comprehensive biography of the Bushes but rather a lighthearted, almost Bohemian memoir.

Doro's writing is amazingly simple and her account punctuated with humorous anecdotes. An amazing tale which humanizes an otherwise enigmatic figure of history. ( )
  Amarj33t_5ingh | Jul 8, 2022 |
3 stars ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |

Hachette Book Group

3 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446579904, 0446580201, 1594835934

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,811,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible